Calloway Co @ Lone Oak Predictions/comments

I really thought at the 1st of the year that Calloway Co would be solid, but, they've suffered through some injuries and really haven't been as good as I thought they would be...They've still got time to right the ship in district play, but, I'm having doubts they will...I can't put my finger on it, but, it seems like they're missing something to get them to that next level...I'll take Lone Oak in this one something like 35-24...

This is all pretty funny. Lakers are 3-1 vs. four pretty solid teams, battled injuries, and everybody's already written them off for the season. Admittedly they played a bad game last Friday night, but did rack up 450 yards of offense vs. Marshall. Do away with the TOs and the Lakers will be all Lone Oak wants Friday night. Flash defense is still very suspect. While the Lakers defense had lapses last week, it's still the best one LO will have faced so far this season. I'll take CC 45, LO 38 with Willis beasting in this one. It will be an exciting game whichever way it turns out.

This is all pretty funny. Lakers are 3-1 vs. four pretty solid teams, battled injuries, and everybody's already written them off for the season. Admittedly they played a bad game last Friday night, but did rack up 450 yards of offense vs. Marshall. Do away with the TOs and the Lakers will be all Lone Oak wants Friday night. Flash defense is still very suspect. While the Lakers defense had lapses last week, it's still the best one LO will have faced so far this season. I'll take CC 45, LO 38 with Willis beasting in this one. It will be an exciting game whichever way it turns out.

Sounds like you're not too confident in Calloways defense...If they give up 38 to Lone Oak, I think they lose, similar to last week..I feel Lone Oak and Marshall are pretty equal in talent with a slight edge to the Flash..

If they only allow 38 to Lone Oak, Lakers win. That score is more of a compliment to Lone Oak's offense than a slap at Calloway's defense. And, simply don't think Lone Oak's defense can shut down Calloway's offense either.

I'm not so sure...Murray shut it down pretty well and although the Tigers are an improved team, I don't think there defense is better than Lone Oaks, although injuries and the rivalry had a little to do with that but Marshall put up over 40 on Calloway and I don't think there offense is as good as Lone Oaks either..I see it being pretty much the same as the Marshall outcome..

Calloway offense much improved since the Murray game with injured players and timing back. I believe Marshall's defense is better than Lone Oak's. And, Calloway put up 450 yards on Marshall's defense but didn't get the points to show for it. Three unforced TOs and a dropped TD were the difference in that one. Guess we'll see the outcome in about 12 hours. Should be an entertaining game, for sure. I still predict lots of points on both sides of the ball.

I've talked to several people that have seen both teams play, and they all say Lone Oak is two touchdowns better than Calloway. I'm just not convinced of it, in part because the Lakers have had some key injuries. Calloway is capable of playing much better than they have, and I'm expecting a close game ... probably a real shootout.