EKUAlum05

Breathitt County 7 Estill County 6

Just saying Belfry may be making a trip to Harlan!

Belfry will host the playoffs as long as they win the 1 seed in their district thanks to the whacky KHSAA alignment.

Before you worry about Belfry you better worry about Breathitt and Estill. Meanwhile, Belfry needs to worry about Russell and Mason County, and a Sheldon Clark team who has looked pretty impressive, as they will be paired up with them for the regional finals.

Breathitt attempted less than 10 passes tonight... apparently lack of consistency throwing and dropped passes have the Bobcats gunshy. Can't be one dimensional against Belfry, and for that matter Harlan County, witht heir lack of depth.

JMO- but I think coming into this season everyone had Haddix the QB way ahead of what he really is and that is thinking that he was going to be as good as his brother Justin or better and that isn't going to happen. I know his Dad was really putting him on a pestal and it has to be a big letdown for him because Jade's not near a good of a QB as they had last yr. in Coby Fugate.

Just saying Belfry may be making a trip to Harlan!

The road to the state has ran through Belfry for quite some time. Harlan County has a very good team, but obviously you haven't seen Belfry or Louisville Central.

Just to put it into perspective, Central (3A) laid the wood to a good Louisville Male (6A) team.

The road to the state has ran through Belfry for quite some time. Harlan County has a very good team, but obviously you haven't seen Belfry or Louisville Central.

Just to put it into perspective, Central (3A) laid the wood to a good Louisville Male (6A) team.

I know they are good thats not what I'm saying if Harlan win their district then all their playoff games will be at home until state!!!!!!!!!

If they were to play, and that's a very big IF, the game would be at Belfry. It's an even-numbered, which means Region 4 (Belfry) would be at home for the state semifinals.

I know they are good thats not what I'm saying if Harlan win their district then all their playoff games will be at home until state!!!!!!!!!

Semi's will be at either Sheldon Clark, Belfry, Mason County or whoever else wins over there.

If they were to play, and that's a very big IF, the game would be at Belfry. It's an even-numbered, which means Region 4 (Belfry) would be at home for the state semifinals.

Well I'm sorry I thought it would be at Harlan, lol All it takes is one comment and everybody gets up tight.

Well I'm sorry I thought it would be at Harlan, lol All it takes is one comment and everybody gets up tight.

We posted at the same time. Weren't trying to gang up. LOL

So back to the game. How many yards did Estill County have on the ground? Anymore stats?

So back to the game. How many yards did Estill County have on the ground? Anymore stats?

265 yards rushing

Time of posession 33 or 34 minutes.

Defense was great tonight. The offense was efficient, they just shot thierselves in the foot at some very inopportune times on Breathitt's end of the field. 265 on the ground vs. a stingy Breathitt D is not that bad.

Edited by RUNNING DOWNHILL

If you guys look at the prediction posts I predicted this game to be close. Didn't know my 'Neers would play them that close but Estill is a team on the rise.

265 yards rushing

Time of posession 33 or 34 minutes.

Defense was great tonight. The offense was efficient, they just shot thierselves in the foot at some very inopportune times on Breathitt's end of the field. 265 on the ground vs. a stingy Breathitt D is not that bad.

WOW, that is literally 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

Three plays a minute divided by 265 is 2.7 yards a rush for a lot of yards overall (265).

I assume if Breathitt County didn't throw the ball that much then Fugate had a big game also. Did this game get over in less than an hour with this kind of production?:p

Estill is alot better this year than anybody expects. No matter how good or bad Estill is they will never get any respect.

I remember Estill County being a force and feared in the nineties. I will never forget that 1995 Estill County versus Rockcastle County District Championship game, the crowd was intense and the football was excellent.

Several straight years of losing a lot of games takes that luster away, it does seem though that the past 2-3 years they are getting their name back into the mix of things. I'll eat crow and give Estill County a thumbs up for their performance, I look forward to playing them in a couple of weeks.

From 1998-2006

28-58 record.

Just 3 seasons ago they were 0-10. Keep winning and respect will be earned.:thumb:

Belfry will host the playoffs as long as they win the 1 seed in their district thanks to the whacky KHSAA alignment.

Before you worry about Belfry you better worry about Breathitt and Estill. Meanwhile, Belfry needs to worry about Russell and Mason County, and a Sheldon Clark team who has looked pretty impressive, as they will be paired up with them for the regional finals.

Harlan Co. needs to stay focused on their district games. Breathitt Co. and Estill Co. will both be tough games. One advanage for Harlan Co. is having both at home this year. Don't even be thinking past the district or even past the next game. Football titles are won by winning one game at a time. A lot of luck and being pretty good when the big games get here is the key for any football team.

I remember Estill County being a force and feared in the nineties. I will never forget that 1995 Estill County versus Rockcastle County District Championship game, the crowd was intense and the football was excellent.

Several straight years of losing a lot of games takes that luster away, it does seem though that the past 2-3 years they are getting their name back into the mix of things. I'll eat crow and give Estill County a thumbs up for their performance, I look forward to playing them in a couple of weeks.

From 1998-2006

28-58 record.

Just 3 seasons ago they were 0-10. Keep winning and respect will be earned.:thumb:

I dont see or feel Estill will be good year in or out but when they are on the rise for that year the kids and staff need the respect they deserve.

THANKS FOR THE CROW YOU EAT.:thumb: