thsrocks

Trinity's Tim Phillips receives offer.....

What is his weight and height?

5'5" 165lbs (give or take)

Congrats.

Getting any taller, no. Will he get stronger, faster and weigh more, 100% yes. Have a great senior season and have fun.

WOW, this kid must have a hugh heart...Thanks for the info...:thumb:

Absolutely! he benches in the 365lb neighborhood & came in either second or third in the 100m dash at the state track meet. he should be something special to watch this year...

Absolutely! he benches in the 365lb neighborhood & came in either second or third in the 100m dash at the state track meet. he should be something special to watch this year...

He's been something special to watch for the last 2 years!

Originally Posted by Blockbuster

Congrats to Phillips. The reason he will struggle to get more offers from D1 schools is his size. He is pretty much maxed out in terms of height, weight, speed, and strength. He is dominating at the HS level, but at the D1 level most everyone is 6 inches taller, 30 pounds heavier, and just as fast and strong as him. And no matter what anyone has ever said...size does matter.

You must not be a small guy, you will never know what it takes to be an athlete that is smaller than most. It takes twice the work and twice the heart. I guess you have never seen Maurice Jones-Drew or Darren Sprowles, both are 5'6. they both must be terrible players because they are small right. I mean thats your logic, size is everything.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

^ welcome to the site. I love Tim, but his size is going to hurt his offers, not his chances. Tim is an amazing football player and will play college football. Beyond that is luck, and speculation. Citing two 5'6" football players out of 1,000,000 doesn't help your argument.

I was amazed watching him in the state final...congrats to the young man.

Here is a highlight from the past... before the "rains" came

That picture looks like its 10 years old. Are you sure that's Tim?

That picture was taken less than two years old. It was the play that Tim scored on from 55 or so out against X in the rain game.

Anybody remember Walter Peacock and Howard Stevens from U of L?