HOMELESS CAMEL

Boone Co 76 Rose Hill 69

Final

I knew it would be a tough game for the Royals to win. Going on the road against one of the better teams in 9th.

I would like to hear more about this game. It looks like the Royals gave them a good game.

How much is it worth to you guys??? :banana:

A Brandon Webb autograph.

A Brandon Webb autograph.

I'm finishing something up, and I'll get on it in 15 or so minutes...

Unofficial point totals from my notebook. They aren't likely to be perfect, but they will be close.

Boone

Gabbard 5

McFarland 16

Cotton 6

Flannery 10

Popp 15

Krohman 6

Earls 18

Rose Hill

Barber 9

Jackson 18

Arthur 5

Davis 10

Euton 20

Bush 2

Gambil 5

Unofficial point totals from my notebook. They aren't likely to be perfect, but they will be close.

Boone

Gabbard 5

McFarland 16

Cotton 6

Flannery 10

Popp 15

Krohman 6

Earls 18

Rose Hill

Barber 9

Jackson 18

Arthur 5

Davis 10

Euton 20

Bush 2

Gambil 5

I see a lot of points scored by sophomores. 54 for Boone. 48 for RH plus 9 from a FROSH.

Rose Hill falls on the same night as Elliott County. Not a good day for the 16th region.

Some notes off the top of my head.

For the most part it was a very fast paced and fun game to call. Jackson and Earls got in to early foul trouble, but Davis and Popp both went for 8 1st half points to keep things going.

McFarland is just a heady ball player. He made some nice steals, went to the floor to get the ball and displayed an impressive mid range game all night. All 8 baskets inside 15 feet.

Euton hit 4 3s (3 in 2nd half) but I was more impressed with his rebounding effort and taking it right at Earls in the 2nd half when he knew he was in foul trouble. Aggression in the paint has been a knock on Euton, but it didn't show tonight. I've seen him several times, and yes he still has a lot to work on, but the effort was there all night in this one.

Jackson is very smooth with the ball in his hands, but he needs to get a better grasp on what he can do well and what he can't. At this point his outside shot is in need of a lot of work, and he needs to focus on getting in the lane and creating trouble. The kid is a match up nightmare and needs to do a better job of understanding his skill set. There was an assistant from X there watching Jackson. My guess is he walked away impressed overall, but with the same concerns he had walking in the gym.

I'm sure I'll have more later...

Rose Hill falls on the same night as Elliott County. Not a good day for the 16th region.

I'm a Rose Hill fan, but I didn't give them much of a chance going on the road to win and even though I'm sure we had some people pick Elliott, the overall thought would be that they would lose as well.

No shame in the 16th losing on the road to one of the best in the 10th and one of the best in the 9th.

I'm a Rose Hill fan, but I didn't give them much of a chance going on the road to win and even though I'm sure we had some people pick Elliott, the overall thought would be that they would lose as well.

No shame in the 16th losing on the road to one of the best in the 10th and one of the best in the 9th.

Never said there was any shame in it and honestly I didn't expect either to win tonight. But when the top two teams go down on the same night its a tough night for that region.

McFarland is just a heady ball player. He made some nice steals, went to the floor to get the ball and displayed an impressive mid range game all night. All 8 baskets inside 15 feet.

I really like his game. He's the clear #1 POY candidate to start next season in the 9th. I have not watched Boone since their first game so I ask: do they let him play the point much? If not, I really think they're missing the boat. If he has a "big" on him, no way that kid can guard him out top. Let him penetrate and score or dish to the big boy or out to a shooter.

But that's just me... I love mismatches and Mcfarland is a mismatch problem.

I really like his game. He's the clear #1 POY candidate to start next season in the 9th. I have not watched Boone since their first game so I ask: do they let him play the point much? If not, I really think they're missing the boat. If he has a "big" on him, no way that kid can guard him out top. Let him penetrate and score or dish to the big boy or out to a shooter.

But that's just me... I love mismatches and Mcfarland is a mismatch problem.

He did play quite a bit of PG tonight. Most of his scoring was on the break or driving when he was off the ball, but he had a very calming influence out top...