thewalrus

16th Region Rankings

I don't have any bias. The team I back is one of the worst in the region.

Right now. The top three teams all lost a game this week. Using your logic Bath County is #1. :thumb:

Bath beat RH, RH beat Elliott, Elliott beat Bath....not sure what logic you would use to pick the Number one team, other than a 3-sided quarter.:thumb:

Yes.

Just a scrimmage though. I would like to see who they would do against them now at Mason. I would say the outcome would be similiar to last night's game against Elliott. Mason is playing some pretty good basketball right now and Miller is just a beast.

Just for the heck of it, my top 5 go like this.........

1. Rose Hill

2. Elliot

3. Raceland/East (Raceland just beat East by double digits I believe )

5. Bath

Not sure how you came up with that but I disagree.

Here is my rankings and the reasons why.

1. Rose Hill - Last and only loss in the region was 2 months ago and beat Ellioott.

2. Elliott - can make a case for number 1 but lost on nuetral court RH

3. East - Solid team but highlight of their season is a 1 point loss to EC

4. Bath

5. Raceland

I think #1 & #2 should be flip flopped but I can see why you would list Rose Hill ahead based on head to head play. I won't disagree with that logic but I still feel that night in and night out Elliott is the best in the region.

I also think that #'s 3, 4, & 5 are probably interchangable but am good with your ranking. Any one of the 3 could beat the other on a given night and if the stars are in allignment, could possibly knock off 1 or 2 as Bath already did to Rose Hill & East almost did to Elliott. Of those 3, I'm not sure Raceland can beat Elliott (based on head to head meetings) but if they get someone else to do it for them and get the right matchups in the region they could be in the finals as well. (yes I am assuming that Raceland will beat Lewis and win the 63rd district)

Mason Co would beat the begees out of the Hill for sure ! They are good.:thumb:

No they are better than good they are outstanding. I don't disagree that Mason would beat Rose Hill. I am not that blinded by loyalty.

You said "Do you what the rankings to be based on illogical biases or on past performance and how teams are playing right now? ".

Well right now the top four are Bath County, East Carter, Elliott County and Rose Hill. I don't think anyone will dispute that. They have all had excellent seasons with solid records. So "right now" East Carter, Elliott County and Rose Hill all lost a game this week. Using your logic that moves Bath County to the top. I don't agree with that but I give you the credit for comming up with it.

If Rose Hill losses to Greenup then they absolutely would drop a few spots. My point is that some, including yourself, want to speak in hypotheticals. If this and if that but the facts are that Rose Hill has beaten Elliott and East's biggest accomplishment to date is playing Elliott close.

With that said I think any of the five I listed are capable of winning the region and no disrespect is intended toward Elliott whom I respect a great deal.

If Rose Hill losses to Greenup then they absolutely would drop a few spots. My point is that some, including yourself, want to speak in hypotheticals. If this and if that but the facts are that Rose Hill has beaten Elliott and East's biggest accomplishment to date is playing Elliott close.

With that said I think any of the five I listed are capable of winning the region and no disrespect is intended toward Elliott whom I respect a great deal.

I don't think you have to worry about Rose Hill getting beat by Greenup. For what its worth I haven't played the if game. Fact is I think Elliott County is the best team in the region. I think East has been the most consistant team in the region. Rose Hill has played very well of late and Bath County could beat any of the other three. There are no hypotheticals involved. Its just my opinion.

We all must come to face it IT is tourney Time and anyting can happen.

:thumb: Well said . My opinion the team that scores more than their opponet in each game will win the 16th regional tournament. ............... Mark It Down!! :D