ftbll4life

Butler Job????

Word is Catlett turned down the Butler job. There must be more problems with that job than has been reported.

Whoever said the Catlett did not have paid assistants at Ballard? This is not true. He had 7 or 8 paid assistants. A big problem for Catlett was that he was the only coach on the staff that worked in the building at Ballard. The others were paraprofessionals.

By the way, he was a "capable and quality head football coach" at Ballard. If we start firing everyone who can't beat Trinity, there will be a lot of vacancies.

Catlett himself told me this!!!!!!!!!!

Your are incorrect on 2 of those three names, and I could not confirm the third. I don't know who your source is, but you got a bad beat!

Who are incorrect names?

Weiter was not fired. He left on his own! :mad:

He'll return to Butler in the same capacity under the Catlett regime. Another fine recycle job by the JCPS and Mr. Bocko. :eek:

I understand the AD wanted someone else but he was not considered by the principal. :irked:

I'd like to know if Catlett was fired how he can be rehired so quickly since Jefferson County has a waiting rule for those terminated.:fight:

This is the reason used by JCPS stating L. Boyd cannot be hire by Iroquois this year. :madman:

Double standards exist all around the JCPS. So much for change under the new superintendent.:rolleyes:

Catlett was usually competitive at Ballard, why does Butler feel he will have more success in a different zip code?

JCPS contracts are year to year. He was not "fired", he was not rehired for the next season. The other coach was fire during the season. There are some circumstances about that situation which caused his termination that leaves some room for discussion about his situation this year at another school.

Your are incorrect on 2 of those three names, and I could not confirm the third. I don't know who your source is, but you got a bad beat!
the interviewees were: Wheeler, Carmony, Wade Williams (the Waggener HC) and some guy from just across the river, maybe Crothersville IN.

I worked under Catlett at Ballard a few years ago. I was paid. I have the JCPS paystubbs to prove it. Maybe a miscommunication?

By the way, I believe there were 8 paid assistants on that staff.

By the way, I believe there were 8 paid assistants on that staff.
JCPS only pays for 6: 1 varsity head coach, 2 varsity assistants, 2 JV coaches and 1 freshman coach. The other two either were picked up by the school, or by the booster club.

BTW reports are J-Town HC Scott Carmony got the job.

JCPS only pays for 6: 1 varsity head coach, 2 varsity assistants, 2 JV coaches and 1 freshman coach. The other two either were picked up by the school, or by the booster club.

BTW reports are J-Town HC Scott Carmony got the job.

I think Carmony and principal Bocko go way back!

They must, because he has already been there once and was not sucessful and he gets another shot, wow.:laugh:

They should have talked to Joe Hood or Bobby Morehead if they wanted a "proven" winner at Butler. The only thing that compares to this was when they hired Steve Jewell a second time. A "do-over". Best of luck to Mr. Carmony and "da Bears". They are going to need it!!!!:banana::banana::banana::

They should have talked to Joe Hood or Bobby Morehead if they wanted a "proven" winner at Butler. The only thing that compares to this was when they hired Steve Jewell a second time. A "do-over". Best of luck to Mr. Carmony and "da Bears". They are going to need it!!!!:banana::banana::banana::

Scott will do a great job! He should be offered the best of luck. He is taking over a program in shambles.

How do you know it's in shambles? You most be involved or have coached at Butler to know this 1st hand.

How do you know it's in shambles? You most be involved or have coached at Butler to know this 1st hand.

1st post calling - - someone out . . . You are wrong on both.

Watched them play twice. TRAINWRECK!