just 4 fun

W.Ky Small School Rankings - Wk 4 poll

Are we voting on records or the strength of the teams?

If you think Tilghman is one of the top 10 teams, you need to include them in there somewhere. How many teams eligible for this poll would be better than 1-3 against Tilghman's schedule?

To me it's a combination of both. Results count a lot for me. I think Tilghman is a top-10 team, but until they start winning I can't in good conscious rank them.

To me it's a combination of both. Results count a lot for me. I think Tilghman is a top-10 team, but until they start winning I can't in good conscious rank them.

Not busting everyone's bubble. From top to bottom of schedules Catholic has a better overall schedule then any of the teams in the top 10. They have won against good opponents and they have lost to even better opponents. Placing them #5 is a joke, but I guess Catholic will have to show eveyone in week 8 when Ft.Campbell comes to Owensboro Catholic. I think Trigg should remain up there. Mayfield is Mayfield.Ft.Campbell or Catholic will knock one or the other off the top 3 after week 8.:thumb:

Results should count ... if the teams are playing comparable schedules. They aren't.

Tilghman has played a schedule as good as nearly anyone in the poll. Half the teams you have ranked above Tilghman wouldn't fare as well against that schedule as the Tornado has.

1. Mayfield

2. Fort Campbell

3. Owensboro Catholic

4. Trigg County

5. Glasgow

6. Russellville

7. Metcalfe County

8. Fulton City

9. McLean County

10. Caldwell County

1. Mayfield

2. Trigg Co.

3. Owenboro Cath. (no joke)

4. Ft. Campbell

5. Paducah Tilghman

6. Metcalfe Co.

7. Russellville

8. Caldwell Co.

9. McLean Co.

10. Fulton City

1. Mayfield

2. Fort Campbell

3. Owensboro Catholic

4. Trigg County

5. Glasgow

6. Russellville

7. Metcalfe County

8. Fulton City

9. McLean County

10. Caldwell County

Hmmm ...

I'm guessing you're from Fort Campbell, a team which came from behind to beat Paducah Tilghman with a last-minute field goal. Yet you rank the Falcons second and Tilghmman out of the top 10?

Hmmm ...

I'm guessing you're from Fort Campbell, a team which came from behind to beat Paducah Tilghman with a last-minute field goal. Yet you rank the Falcons second and Tilghmman out of the top 10?

Yes, I am from Ft Campbell. The reason I didn't rank PT in the top ten is because they are a 3A team and were picked by many to battle for the 3A title this year (which they still might), however they're record is 1-3 with the loss to 2A Ft Campbell and they were pretty much one-dimensional with their running game. Although, if I remember correctly when they passed the ball they were successful, but they only hand a couple of attempts.

Yes, I am from Ft Campbell. The reason I didn't rank PT in the top ten is because they are a 3A team and were picked by many to battle for the 3A title this year (which they still might), however they're record is 1-3 with the loss to 2A Ft Campbell and they were pretty much one-dimensional with their running game. Although, if I remember correctly when they passed the ball they were successful, but they only hand a couple of attempts.
Still, they played Fort Campbell, a top-10 team in 2A, to the last minute on the road. Does that mean they should be behind Glasgow, Russellville, Metcalfe County, Fulton City, McLean County and Caldwell County? Would you pick all of those teams to beat Tilghman?

Heck, you guys are barely better than 1-3 yourselves ... that's a reflection of the tough schedule you've played.

Still, they played Fort Campbell, a top-10 team in 2A, to the last minute on the road. Does that mean they should be behind Glasgow, Russellville, Metcalfe County, Fulton City, McLean County and Caldwell County? Would you pick all of those teams to beat Tilghman?

Heck, you guys are barely better than 1-3 yourselves ... that's a reflection of the tough schedule you've played.

I do believe PT would lose to Glasgow, Russellville, and Fulton City. Metcalfe, McLean, and Caldwell Counties are toss ups. I take it your a PT fan? I ranked FC so high because I believe they are better then thier two losses and I think they can beat both Trigg and OC to win out. I didn't rank PT (and I was not the only one) because based on last Friday's game I don't believe they are as good as I thought going into the season. If PT beats Mayfield and McClean Co I would say they should be between 5-7 depending on what the other teams do.

I do believe PT would lose to Glasgow, Russellville, and Fulton City. Metcalfe, McLean, and Caldwell Counties are toss ups. I take it your a PT fan? I ranked FC so high because I believe they are better then thier two losses and I think they can beat both Trigg and OC to win out. I didn't rank PT (and I was not the only one) because based on last Friday's game I don't believe they are as good as I thought going into the season. If PT beats Mayfield and McClean Co I would say they should be between 5-7 depending on what the other teams do.

That is simply an assumption......and IMO an innaccurate one at that. On the real, Russellville and Metcalfe look pretty even with Tilghman. I know nothing of Glasgow except they are 4-0 against average competition, and I don't see them having as many athletes as Tilghman. McLean and Caldwell are probably a step behind in athleticism, and Fulton City has two fast players and no one else. I am also confused as to why you think Ft Campbell is SOOOO much better than Tilghman when you guys only beat them by a field goal at the end of the game??? I usually look to a common opponent, and you both played Graves Co. tough, so even though FC beat PT, I still see these teams as extremely even. IMO, if you don't rank PT in this poll, then thats just plain ole haterism...............

I do believe PT would lose to Glasgow, Russellville, and Fulton City. Metcalfe, McLean, and Caldwell Counties are toss ups.
Tossups? Wow ...

Tilghman had Webster down 28-0 after one quarter and cruised. McLean beat Webster 20-14 last weekend.

You're entitled to your opinion, but gee ...

I take it your a PT fan?
Nope. Just a football fan. I simply wonder why you have Fort Campbell at #2 and the team they beat on a last-minute field goal out of the top 10.

I ranked FC so high because I believe they are better then thier two losses and I think they can beat both Trigg and OC to win out.
They very well might. I have Fort Campbell at #4 myself.

I didn't rank PT (and I was not the only one) because based on last Friday's game I don't believe they are as good as I thought going into the season.
That still doesn't mean Tilghman isn't better than some of the teams you have ranked ahead of them. Heck, if you guys had lost to Tilghman, the same guy that has them out of the poll because they're 1-3 would have you guys out of it, too.

And I would question him on that, too.

Some people look at records and don't take into account the quality of competition. It's easy to see who in rankings like these.

IMO, if you don't rank PT in this poll, then thats just plain ole haterism...............

It is not "haterism". I simply didn't believe they were one of the top ten small schools in Western Kentucky. If they beat Mclean or Mayfield I will change my opinion. I respect PT and they play FC tough every year, but I don't believe they are one of the top ten teams in WK this week.

It is not "haterism". I simply didn't believe they were one of the top ten small schools in Western Kentucky. If they beat Mclean or Mayfield I will change my opinion. I respect PT and they play FC tough every year, but I don't believe they are one of the top ten teams in WK this week.
So how does Fort Campbell barely beat non-top-10 Tilghman, on a last-second field goal at home, and earn a #2 ranking?

The more you weave this tale, the more your credibility is shot ...