Clay Co 34 North Laurel 17

supertrooper

I recall exactly which game you are talking about. That indeed was a memorable night with the comments directed right at him from one idiotic parent after a tough loss when he had the worst game he had ever played (and I had seen him play numerous times from middle school on). But it was only one who made those classless comments to a 16 year old kid and it was dealt with. The funny part was that the parent's child who was on that team, was upset and embarassed that his parent would make such a comment to one of his teammates. The very next week when he led NL in total yards and did his part to help his TEAM to the biggest upset in the state that season (per the Herald Leader) in the double OT win over Madison Central, that parent had absolutely nothing to say to him which tells me all I need to know about what kind of person would make such comments. But several other parents who learned what had happened, sought him out and gave him a lot of love.

I agree that Wardup has a lot of athletic ability, but the loss of Maggard and Asher from last year really hurt the Jags as they have very little running game right now besides Wardrup PLUS the loss of their #1 reciever Cornett from last season to a broken hand has left them shorthanded as well (but he will be back) However, there are a ton of young guys starting for these Jags and trust me, they will get better. The numbers are growing and they have a great frosh class. They will be a better team by season's end then they are right now. Mark it down! :thumb:

As far as your comments, here is an exact quote which infers more than just one person making one comment after one game, ...

Here's the point, only a few people around that incident you referred to actually saw or heard it, ... but a whole lot of people on here read all the negative remarks about a kid, .. including the kids. Just be a little more considerate of the kids involved in these sports. That is all I would ask. :thumb:

I absolutely will be more considerate of the athletes and I am deeply sorry to any of you whom I have offended with my wide open opinions. I know all these kids work their tails off and absolutely do not deserve to have people say or type things about them like I have posted and I am truly sorry, I can promise you it won't happen anymore.

I absolutely will be more considerate of the athletes and I am deeply sorry to any of you whom I have offended with my wide open opinions. I know all these kids work their tails off and absolutely do not deserve to have people say or type things about them like I have posted and I am truly sorry, I can promise you it won't happen anymore.

:thumb: