Sign in to follow this  
just 4 fun

West Ky Small School Rankings - week 1

Nobody ever seems to be impressed with Owensboro, but they keep winning ...

I know why... Catholic had this game scheduled before the bowl game originated from the 4 coaches in Owensboro. The game fell in the right time. OHS had to drop Mater Dei because of the KY schedules moving up a week. So OHS had to find an opponent it was Memorial. Reitz will play OHS next year and Memorial plays OCHS next year.

I did not go to the OHS game, but someone told me they went to the game and was not impressed with OHS. They believed the same outcome would of happened to OHS as it happened to OCHS.

I don't doubt it. OHS probably has more speed then Reitz but Reitz is probably over better as a team and is definitely better coached. Hart is one of the best coaches in Indiana. Plus he knows how to beat teams that are faster. North has better speed year to year then OHS and Reitz usually gets the better of North.

I would like to have seen Reitz/OHS and Catholic/Mater Dei.

Nobody ever seems to be impressed with Owensboro, but they keep winning ...

I think Owensboro has had very good players the past couple of years, I am just not sold on Prince's coaching. There is no way Henderson was better the Owensboro last year but yet once again OHS couldn't get it done in the playoffs. OHS should thump Henderson this year but that is only because the talent level is way too tilted in OHS's direction. I think OHS probably has the talent to make it to the box this year but I think the coaching will get in the way.

1. Trigg Co.

2. Mayfield

3. Paducah Tilghman

4. Ft. Campbell

5. Russellville

6. Owensboro Cath.

7. Fulton City

8. Caldwell Co.

9. McLean Co.

10. Murray

I think Owensboro has had very good players the past couple of years, I am just not sold on Prince's coaching. There is no way Henderson was better the Owensboro last year but yet once again OHS couldn't get it done in the playoffs. OHS should thump Henderson this year but that is only because the talent level is way too tilted in OHS's direction. I think OHS probably has the talent to make it to the box this year but I think the coaching will get in the way.

OHS would of been beat by Reitz. So would of Apollo and Daviess County.

No one questions whether Reitz would have beaten any of those schools ... but would they beat Owensboro as badly as they did Catholic? It's a hard question to answer.

I don't know that much about Reitz, but, I know North is always pretty solid and if they usually handle them, they have to be very good...

1.Trigg County

2.Mayfield

3.Owensboro Catholic

4.Fort Campbell

5.Paducah Tilghman

6.Russellville

7.Fulton City

8.Heath

9.Caldwell County

10.McClean County

IMO:

1.)Trigg is an experienced team both ways and deserving of a #1 at this point after their big win!

2.)No way Fort Campbell scores 41 on Mayfield, Trigg, or O Cath. Offensively vs Mayfield I would call it a tie, but "D" wise Mayfield is way ahead at this point!

3.)Reitz is a good team and playing them will only make O Cath stronger...

Sign in to follow this