theguru

2007 Owensboro Catholic

What does Owensboro Catholic need to do to improve in 2007? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

I would think that they have some questions at running back. As the season began last year their running game was almost non-existant, until Stewart Ijames was convienced not to quit football. I think he missed about 3 games last year. He is gone, so someone will have to step up in his place. Also their leading receiver and playmaker Neil Holland is gone as well. Historically the Aces haven't had a problem reloading at the WR position.

As usual the Aces schedule is front loaded so it will likely be October before we really have any idea as to how good they will be within their district.

I am pretty anxious to see how they will fair against Reitz.

They have alot of holes to fill from last year. Team speed could be an issue and that is something that you can't replace.

They have an awful lot back on defense.

True but there defense wasn't real great last year. It will have to improve a bunch to make up for the lack of offense that I forsee them having.

I'm sure the Aces will be fine. How is Walker's shoulder?

Their defense was very sad last year, so with the returning players I don't know how much better they can be. If Cole Sturgeon decides to play football, he may help them in the backfield, he has pretty good speed. I remember him playing youth football, and if I'm not mistaken, he broke his hip. So this kid could be soft. I know he hasn't played since he was 10, and I think he's 15 now.