85 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Scott County
    • Boyle County

This poll is closed to new votes

Records: Boyle County 3-0 Scott County 3-0 

Last week: Boyle County 56 Danville 0

Scott County 52 Lincoln County 20

Rebel Stadium plays host to another big time matchup this season as the projected #2 team in 5A, Scott County, comes to town for what seems to be their first matchup against the #1 team in 4A, Boyle County. These two teams were rumored to try and get a game in during the chaotic Covid season in which games were being cancelled and rescheduled left and right but were unable to do so. Both teams have not had issues scoring points so far this season. Boyle by way of a balanced attack and Scott County will bring their well known rushing attack to test the Rebel D. Very curious to see if this will turn into another shootout like the LCA game was or if we are in store for a defensive showdown. It will come down to can Scott County contain the plethora of weapons Boyle has on the field versus can the Boyle defense trust their reads and stay disciplined against the ground attack. Don’t be fooled Scott County does throw it enough and well enough to keep you honest. Looking forward to another great game in Danville this Friday! 

Can the Cards take down the Rebels or does the Boyle train keep on rolling for another week? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is going to be a great game.

Stylistically, the Rebels don't see Scott County's brand of offense very often. Deception and discipline will play varying roles in the outcome here. Deception for the Cards, discipline for Boyle. It doesn't matter how talented or athletic you are defensively if you make the wrong read. The quick hitting nature of the wing-t makes you pay.

Boyle doesn't want to fall behind against a team like this that can play ball control offense and shorten the game. But that's also why Scott County doesn't want to fall behind either. If you let the Rebels get a lead and stretch their legs, good luck catching back up.

In the end, I expect Boyle's arsenal to be a little too much. Quisenberry, Brown, Dawson, and Bodner can hurt you in so many ways across all phases of the game.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, DevilMayCare said:

This is going to be a great game.

Stylistically, the Rebels don't see Scott County's brand of offense very often. Deception and discipline will play varying roles in the outcome here. Deception for the Cards, discipline for Boyle. It doesn't matter how talented or athletic you are defensively if you make the wrong read. The quick hitting nature of the wing-t makes you pay.

Boyle doesn't want to fall behind against a team like this that can play ball control offense and shorten the game. But that's also why Scott County doesn't want to fall behind either. If you let the Rebels get a lead and stretch their legs, good luck catching back up.

In the end, I expect Boyle's arsenal to be a little too much. Quisenberry, Brown, Dawson, and Bodner can hurt you in so many ways across all phases of the game.

Great assessment and I agree. I’m excited to see Scott County, it will be a first for me watching them play in person. All Boyle home games are live streamed and will be free to watch. 

Boyle has always done very well against teams that are one dimensional. I know Scott County can throw it, but they definitely lean on their rushing attacking more. I think Boyle takes this one and it isn't particularly competitive.

Boyle 40

Scott County 20

Everyone has bad games or bad halves I understand that. But Scott Co. didn't look very good against Lincoln Co., especially in the first half.  I think their offense will give Boyle some trouble from time to time, option teams usually break off a few,  but if they can't keep Boyle's offense off the field I don't think it's as close as some might think.  I just don't see their D being able to keep them in it. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, BEChargers said:

Everyone has bad games or bad halves I understand that. But Scott Co. didn't look very good against Lincoln Co., especially in the first half.  I think their offense will give Boyle some trouble from time to time, option teams usually break off a few,  but if they can't keep Boyle's offense off the field I don't think it's as close as some might think.  I just don't see their D being able to keep them in it. 

SC does not and has never run the option.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Shaquille_Oatmeal said:

After watching Boyle’s first two games this season, I’ll be really surprised if this team doesn’t go 15-0 and win the class 4A state championship. 

IMG_2734.jpeg

Freddy D at the end of regular season is going to be a tough game and Corbin is likely waiting for them at Kroger Field. So it's possible that they lose one of those. I don't think they will, but it wouldn't be a total shocker either.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Statsdontlie said:

Can't wait to watch the match up between Buddy Collins and Montavin Quisenberry. Both have Power 5 offers. Collins is a lock down corner and we all know what Quisenberry can do. 

The question is can he cover Quisenberry, Brown , Stewart and both Bodners plus some others you don't know about yet.

1 hour ago, thunderbuddies4life said:

Headed to this game where is best places to eat in Danville 

Couple of places downtown that are good.  La Cosa Nostra which is Italian.  Copper and Oak, casual dining with gourmet burgers, steaks, chicken.  Cattleman's, Cheddars, Asuka hibachi and sushi, Mi Pueblo mexican, all are on the bypass.  We have what seems like 12 mexican restaurants but MiP is my personal favorite.  Although there is a newer one called Sabor Americana that's pretty darn good.  There is also a Wings and Rings but you are taking about a 50/50 chance on getting your food before the game is over with. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1