Frederick Douglass at Scott County (JV) - Canceled

• theguru changed the title to Frederick Douglass at Scott County (JV) - Canceled
4 minutes ago, theguru said:

Any idea why it was canceled?

If any coach cancels a JV or Frosh game there should be a very compelling reason.

At the lower levels you sometimes see injuries and attrition take hold as the season progresses and guys that would be playing JV have had to see increased minutes at the varsity level. However, Scott County has 68 kids on their KHSAA roster so that shouldn't be the problem.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, theguru said:

Any idea why it was canceled?

If any coach cancels a JV or Frosh game there should be a very compelling reason.

Coach McKee said they had played their JV team the entire 4th quarter on Friday night so they really did not want to turn around and play again Monday I guess. This is 3rd time in 4 years that the game has been cancelled 2020 due to Covid, but Scott Co. also cancelled the JV game in 2019 as well.

16 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Coach McKee said they had played their JV team the entire 4th quarter on Friday night so they really did not want to turn around and play again Monday I guess. This is 3rd time in 4 years that the game has been cancelled 2020 due to Covid, but Scott Co. also cancelled the JV game in 2019 as well.

That is not a compelling reason, thanks. 

• Like 1

Just now, WishboneCity said:

In defense of Scott Co., it’s also fall break for them. So a few guys may have been out on vacation or what have you.

That is no defense, fall break doesn't come up without warning.  And if a few guys were out, that means a few more get to play.  Schools canceling JV games is bad optics and not fair to the players that work just as hard but rarely see the field. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Just now, theguru said:

That is no defense, fall break doesn't come up without warning.  And if a few guys were out, that means a few more get to play.  Schools canceling JV games is bad optics and not fair to the players that work just as hard but rarely see the field. 

Agreed.

• Like 1

Hot take : SC is taking care of SC. Have not changed the way they practice, have not changed layout of their 2 platooned roster even with 40-50 roster decrease since 2018. I heard JV defense was depleted with injuries. So be it. I see you staying in your own Lane, McKee!! 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1