Owensboro Catholic vs. Union County Predictions/Updates

Aces vs. Braves  

8 members have voted

1. 1. The winner will be...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/02/2022 at 11:00 PM

1092970374_download(2).thumb.jpeg.a5461221e49ee28656552a3d4e7e0b98.jpeg

Aces Travel To Morganfield For Top Ten Tussle With Braves

Records: O-Cath (1-1) | Union County (2-0) 

BGP Ranking: O-Cath (#5 in 2A) | Union County (#6 in 3A)

Series History: O-Cath leads 4-1, dating back to 1998

Table Setter: The usual suspects sit atop the 3A rankings right now with an unknown hiding in plain sight. Union County has quietly positioned itself as the mystery contender of 3A following a ten win season and consecutive victories to begin this year. The schedule strength has been sub-par, but the Braves have done what they should in the first two weeks, allowing six points in two games. Senior lineman Elijah Baird has been a force on defense with 24 tackles and four sacks already. Running back Kanye Pollard has provided the offensive spark with 260 yards on a robust 20 yards per carry.

Similarly, Owensboro Catholic finds itself in the middle of its class rankings, despite a three score setback to Daviess County last week. The defense made a game of it before DC got some distance on the scoreboard in the fourth quarter. After looking like the future star he may eventually be against Apollo in Week 1, quarterback Brady Atwell resembled the sophomore he actually is against Daviess County. He'll look to get the Aces back on track this week against a stingy Braves defense.

I find this game very interesting. Until the 4th quarter of the playoff game last year UC had owned PT and now they are everyone’s favorites to win state. I think OC is much improved despite their loss to DC so I think this should be a great game. I’m going with Union 26-13.