Raceland 53 Russell 14

This says more about Raceland than Russell, imo. The Rams are really good and deep at basically every position. We were teased with a good game after the Patrick touchdown and the second long completion, but it was all down hill after the interception in the endzone. The Rams ran off 53 straight points from there. This was the biggest margin of victory for Raceland in the series' history. They haven't beaten Russell this badly in 70 years.

I don't follow Russell as closely anymore, but it's obvious the talent and depth aren't there right now and haven't been for a while. The schedule doesn't get any easier with Wheelersburg coming up followed by a Lawrence County program on the rise. People will have to be patient, but a winning season and district championship are not out of the question. Russell has turned it around after bad starts under Maynard before. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am Russell through and through and I will support them win or lose. Like DMC said there will be a time that Russell will start going 8-2, 9-1, 10-0 again Russell fans are just going to have to be patient.  Hopefully that time for those 8-2, 9-1, 10-0 seasons are sooner rather than later.

I would be fine if Russell was 5-5 if they were to win a state title down the road at 5-5 on the regular season.

A 3rd state title is the ultimate goal.