2023 9th Region "All A" Classic

1 hour ago, Hoops Junkie said:

Does anyone have the 9th region draw?

If Jake Meyer and Javier Ward are at Holy Cross next season, I can't imagine anyone is beating the Indians in the 9th All A in boys or girls hoops next year.  

• Like 1

On 5/13/2022 at 5:08 PM, The Double Deuce said:

If Jake Meyer and Javier Ward are at Holy Cross next season, I can't imagine anyone is beating the Indians in the 9th All A in boys or girls hoops next year.  

if? Why would they not? 🤔

On 5/13/2022 at 5:08 PM, The Double Deuce said:

Not saying they will win, but St. Henry should be pretty experienced next season. They had their rebuilding season, and began to come around late. I'm looking for them to be pretty competitive, and make a decent run in the All 'A'.

Beechwood might not be too shabby either with some decent experience coming back.

• Like 4

I can't imagine the Indians beating Beechwood next season. The talent that the Tigers are bringing back is through the roof. The talent in Fort Mitchell is limitless, just like their range. With Cam Boyd and Cash Money Harney leading the way, and yoman superstar Trevor Logue doing the dirty work, I don't see a way Meyer or Ward finds any sort of success. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Beechwood will be much improved this season.  But, Holy Cross is the team to beat.  After last years run, they don't lose much and with 3 guys focusing only on basketball this summer, they will also be improved.  St. Henry has enough parts to make a competitive run.  It should be another good All A in the 9th.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 5-oh said:

Beechwood will be much improved this season.  But, Holy Cross is the team to beat.  After last years run, they don't lose much and with 3 guys focusing only on basketball this summer, they will also be improved.  St. Henry has enough parts to make a competitive run.  It should be another good All A in the 9th.

How does Beechwood improve?  who left and who is coming in?

6 hours ago, Bucketgetter said:

I can't imagine the Indians beating Beechwood next season. The talent that the Tigers are bringing back is through the roof. The talent in Fort Mitchell is limitless, just like their range. With Cam Boyd and Cash Money Harney leading the way, and yoman superstar Trevor Logue doing the dirty work, I don't see a way Meyer or Ward finds any sort of success. 

I love satire.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 5-oh said:

I think that the Indians are the team to beat, but to say they didn't lose much is not true.  They are not losing much in the point column, but they are losing five of their top 8 players including 52% of their rebounds.  They only players with any meaningful varsity experience returning are Meyer, Ward and Gibson.  While that is a formidable trio and they had some strong JV players, you can't discount the importance of the seniors they graduated with their rebounding, defense, three point shooting and leadership..

• Like 1

Let’s not forget what “could or will” be coming in! Some have been confirmed, some are still rumored! HC will not only be a high favorite for the All A but they will also be a major threat in 9th region! If Meyer can find a way to get more involved then watch out for what this group will be capable of! It Will be a interesting summer maybe we learn more in A few weeks when June scrimmages start! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rjal said:

I think that the Indians are the team to beat, but to say they didn't lose much is not true.  They are not losing much in the point column, but they are losing five of their top 8 players including 52% of their rebounds.  They only players with any meaningful varsity experience returning are Meyer, Ward and Gibson.  While that is a formidable trio and they had some strong JV players, you can't discount the importance of the seniors they graduated with their rebounding, defense, three point shooting and leadership..

Well,  I would rather have those three returning than what they lost.  This team will go as far as Meyer can carry them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 4 Quarters said:

Well,  I would rather have those three returning than what they lost.  This team will go as far as Meyer can carry them.

Agreed if Meyer continues to play well and Ward can keep his head in the game they will do well.  Thus the reason I said they are probably still the favorites. I was commenting on the person who said “they didn’t lose anything”. Losing two starters including your leading rebounder and your entire bench is something and the younger players will need to step up to provide a supporting cast.