2022 Boys' Sweet 16® Bracket

That is a massive, massive win for George Rogers Clark.  They do have to contend with North Laurel (likely) in the quarterfinals, but they're the only team in the top 5 in the top half of the bracket, and ten of BGP's current top 15 teams are on the bottom. You could scarcely ask for a better draw.

The bottom half of that bracket is LOADED.

• Like 3

Just now, DragonFire said:

That is a massive, massive win for George Rogers Clark.  They do have to contend with North Laurel (likely) in the quarterfinals, but they're the only team in the top 5 in the top half of the bracket, and ten of BGP's current top 15 teams are on the bottom. You could scarcely ask for a better draw.

For reference:

9 minutes ago, DragonFire said:

Why I think should be seeded rather than blind draw. 

11 minutes ago, DragonFire said:

Also, for me personally, that is a devastating draw for my region (4th).

Expanding on this, Warren Central has never defeated a 7th Region rep in the Sweet 16.  They're 0-5, with two of those coming in the first round, including the last time the 4th drew the 7th (in 2011).  Greenwood has never defeated a 7th Region rep, losing the only time they played one, falling to St. X in 1995.  Bowling Green lost just last year to the 7th Region rep Ballard, and are 0-3 all-time against the 7th, including a first round loss to St. X in 1943. That's not even counting a loss to St. X when they were the 17th region rep in 1926.  None of these teams have had success against the best Louisville region. In all, the 4th Region has lost eight in a row to the 7th Region rep, with the aforementioned 2011 and 1995 results the only two in that stretch to be in the first round.  You have to go back to Metcalfe County's upset of Eastern in 1985 to find the last time this region took someone down from the 7th.

It's bad is what I'm saying.

• theguru changed the title to Sweet 16® bracket
  • Colonels_Wear_Blue changed the title to 2022 Boys' Sweet 16® Bracket