Jump to content

2023-2026 Football Realignment


Recommended Posts

Some believe HHS will drop down to 4A where I believe they should be due to alignment. I won’t be surprised if Great Crossings moves up to 6A along with Douglas. Johnson Central would be interesting due to their enrollment. I believe they have enough to be 5A. 
 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can only speak for the surrounding area schools. I believe that Scott Co. and Great Crossing will move to 6A. Douglass probably does not and will not move up cause they will avoid the Louisville power 6A. All other Lexington area public schools will stay at 6A. Lex Cath is interesting, they have an enrollment of 800ish give or take, so I'm assuming stay at 4A or could drop to 3A? LCA will stay at 2A, they like their enrollment low so they can compete in the lower class and ALL- A class (basketball). Woodford, GRC, East and West Jessamine will stay at current class, along with Mad Cent and South. Just my prospective and opinion. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Kanaka Kahakai said:

I can only speak for the surrounding area schools. I believe that Scott Co. and Great Crossing will move to 6A. Douglass probably does not and will not move up cause they will avoid the Louisville power 6A. All other Lexington area public schools will stay at 6A. Lex Cath is interesting, they have an enrollment of 800ish give or take, so I'm assuming stay at 4A or could drop to 3A? LCA will stay at 2A, they like their enrollment low so they can compete in the lower class and ALL- A class (basketball). Woodford, GRC, East and West Jessamine will stay at current class, along with Mad Cent and South. Just my prospective and opinion. 

So LCA keeps their enrollment low for Athletics?

I find that hard to believe.

Schools are (or should be) in the business of education. The more students, especially when there is tuition involved, the better.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Falcon Pride said:

So LCA keeps their enrollment low for Athletics?

I find that hard to believe.

Schools are (or should be) in the business of education. The more students, especially when there is tuition involved, the better.

Have you seen LCA's campus or walked through the hallways? It's made for an enrollment of 1K instead of 400ish. It's a MEGA building with acres of land around that surrounds it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes I been on the property but not inside the school.

So your telling us what you stated earlier is in fact true?

If so, and I have no reason to doubt your word (other than it doesn’t pass the smell test for ME), they limit the number of kids?

This leads to many questions for me but two of them are:

Who sets these limits and how does one get chosen to go to that school?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lex Cath and Central will both drop 3A. Boyle has number to drop 3A but will probably stay 4. JC has 5A numbers but may be able to stay in 4A like they did last time if other teams elect to play up. 
 

JC’s situation is interesting. If you read from the last realignment on KHSAA, they elected to play up 6A. But when multiple teams played up from 4A to 5A they then put in to play down in 4A and KHSAA granted it. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Falcon Pride said:

Yes I been on the property but not inside the school.

So your telling us what you stated earlier is in fact true?

If so, and I have no reason to doubt your word (other than it doesn’t pass the smell test for ME), they limit the number of kids?

This leads to many questions for me but two of them are:

Who sets these limits and how does one get chosen to go to that school?

Sorry I can't answer those question and I don't want to speculate. I know the campus 1,200-1,300 students Pre- K, grade school, middle school and high school, but the HS side is low and they like to keep it that way.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Kanaka Kahakai said:

Sorry I can't answer those question and I don't want to speculate. I know the campus 1,200-1,300 students Pre- K, grade school, middle school and high school, but the HS side is low and they like to keep it that way.  

Based on what?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Based on what?

For the past 2 decades, they have been 1A and moved to 2A 4-5 years ago. You mean to tell me that the school has not grown in 20 plus years? And every surrounding schools, public and private have gone up as far as their enrollment. And NO I will not reveal any source.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

State demographic trends indicate that the central and northern parts of the state keep growing while the western and eastern sides are in decline, so geographically that's what I expect to see shake out in the new alignment, whenever it happens to be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Kanaka Kahakai said:

For the past 2 decades, they have been 1A and moved to 2A 4-5 years ago. You mean to tell me that the school has not grown in 20 plus years? And every surrounding schools, public and private have gone up as far as their enrollment. And NO I will not reveal any source.

You're inferring they are actively doing things to keep enrollment low. What are those things?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TheDeuce said:

You're inferring they are actively doing things to keep enrollment low. What are those things?

It's a private school Sir, they can do what ever they want. Let me ask you this, can you tell me any different?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using the site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Policies.