KFCA Mr. Football Finalists

17 minutes ago, FLYGUY said:

Don't see the point of two kids from one school.... pick one, a lot of good football players out there. 

I have no problem with it.....if my memory serves me right Lorenzen & Smith were 2 of the top vote getters in their day.....

• Like 2

I also have no issue with 2 players from the same team, as long as you're good enough to make the list and can back it up.   There are a lot of good football players on the same team.    

• Like 1
1 hour ago, FLYGUY said:

Don't see the point of two kids from one school.... pick one, a lot of good football players out there. 

One is a QB that won 4A player of the year dominating both sides of the ball and stats to back it up. The other is an ATH that was second in the state in receiving yards and first in receiving TDs. Also with multiple INTs and special teams TDs. Both well deserving to be on the list, but both likely to take votes from each other. 

Can't believe they did not include Joe Humphrey. Just because he did not make it deep into the playoffs? His numbers blows away all the QB listed on here. SMDH! Not saying he should win, but not to include his on the list is a shame... and to put 2 that are from the same team? 😏

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Kanaka Kahakai said:

Can't believe they did not include Joe Humphrey. Just because he did not make it deep into the playoffs? His numbers blows away all the QB listed on here. SMDH! Not saying he should win, but not to include his on the list is a shame... and to put 2 that are from the same team? 😏

I was going to say the same thing. Not saying he should win it, but the guy was 60 yards short of throwing for 4,000 yards this season. How is he not on the list?

• Like 1

I mean hey they are good players... it's no knock on them. But its just not needed...and to be honest could split the votes up for them among other coaches, voters etc... and in the end cost their program from  having a candidate break through and win it.. If your not clearly the best player on your team.. why should you be the best state wide.. (being devils advocate)  

• Like 1

It must be a requirement to be in the state championship game because every player on that list was. I do believe Humphreys 100% deserved to be a finalist. I could of understood if maybe he didnt win, but should have made it no doubt.

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, FLYGUY said:

I mean hey they are good players... it's no knock on them. But its just not needed...and to be honest could split the votes up for them among other coaches, voters etc... and in the end cost their program from  having a candidate break through and win it.. If your not clearly the best player on your team.. why should you be the best state wide.. (being devils advocate)  

The best player state wide didn’t even make the list. SMDH 

If Humphries blows up against X I think he may be neck and neck with SIVORI and Hergott.  He didn't, but to not make the list?  Wow.  Not a good look for other coaches.  Amazing talent that is a D1 QB.

25 minutes ago, MOMWOW said:

The best player state wide didn’t even make the list. SMDH 

Who is that in your mind?

Kaelin Ammons finished second from Franklin County, as well as Ryan Timmons (his year he lead the nation in yards for attempt... the entire nation....... But no dice. Post season success is reason these two did not make it. 

6 minutes ago, FLYGUY said:

Who is that in your mind?

Kaelin Ammons finished second from Franklin County, as well as Ryan Timmons (his year he lead the nation in yards for attempt... the entire nation....... But no dice. Post season success is reason these two did not make it. 

I’m referring to Joe Humphreys from DC. But I can totally agree with you on the Ryan Timmons one. I played against him his senior year and man was he special. I remember looking up and he was long gone. 😂

• Like 1