Boyle’s Cole Lanter has UK offer!

Rebel

I believe it's a preferred walk on spot. But that's fine with me. (as if my opinion mattered) If he was 6'2", he'd be offered by 40 or 50 schools. That's my honest opinion. Not just because he's a Boyle kid. He finds creases where they don't exist, he makes terrific cuts, he has great hands, he WORKS harder than most and the biggest thing about him is that if the coaching staff where ever he ends up asked him to do everything differently than he has in the past he would do it without question and encourage others to do it as well. TEAM players, picks up players who are struggling, helps the younger guys understand how they need to be working and he's a better person than he is a football player. There are players you want on the field playing for you and there's guys you want in your locker room....and he's both.

No, he's not a relative. LOL. I just really love the work ethic he has displayed while playing for the Rebels.

• Like 6

14 hours ago, BEChargers said:

I believe it's a preferred walk on spot. But that's fine with me. (as if my opinion mattered) If he was 6'2", he'd be offered by 40 or 50 schools. That's my honest opinion. Not just because he's a Boyle kid. He finds creases where they don't exist, he makes terrific cuts, he has great hands, he WORKS harder than most and the biggest thing about him is that if the coaching staff where ever he ends up asked him to do everything differently than he has in the past he would do it without question and encourage others to do it as well. TEAM players, picks up players who are struggling, helps the younger guys understand how they need to be working and he's a better person than he is a football player. There are players you want on the field playing for you and there's guys you want in your locker room....and he's both.

No, he's not a relative. LOL. I just really love the work ethic he has displayed while playing for the Rebels.

I just had some time to watch his highlight tape. Really impressive player. I love the way he catches; always with his hands and doesn’t let the ball get into his body. He also does a great job of high pointing the ball and using his body to shield defenders. Pretty shifty in the open field and great acceleration. I could see him playing a slot type role at the next level; similar to Charles Walker that UK had a year or two ago. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kenny Powers said:

I just had some time to watch his highlight tape. Really impressive player. I love the way he catches; always with his hands and doesn’t let the ball get into his body. He also does a great job of high pointing the ball and using his body to shield defenders. Pretty shifty in the open field and great acceleration. I could see him playing a slot type role at the next level; similar to Charles Walker that UK had a year or two ago. 

At UK I think he would be a slot/possession type receiver.  With his work ethic I think he would earn a scholly in a couple of years.  Maybe not but I think he would. 

Cole Lanter is a player I didn't really know much about at the first of the year.

But when I got to see him in person against BG, I think he's the best player I've likely seen this year.

Was super impressed. BG didn't play well there and Lanter helped BG not play well there alot.

Congrats to the young man!  Hard work pays off!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, BEChargers said:

At UK I think he would be a slot/possession type receiver.  With his work ethic I think he would earn a scholly in a couple of years.  Maybe not but I think he would. 

How does he compare to former Boyle receiver Reese Smith? Similar build? Skills? Speed?