2021 Gardner Law King of the Bluegrass

Today the 2021 field was announced the teams with notable players are :

George Rogers Clark- Jerome Morton, (Tanner Walton and Sam Parrish if both eligible)

Ashland- Cole Villers and Collin Porter

Belfry- 7'3 Bol Kuir

Eastern- Sosthene Kamba (Did have offer from Miss St not sure if still does)

Fairdale- Dalton Hicks

Male- Kaleb Glenn, (Jack Edelen if eligible)

Marion County- James Jewell

Covington Catholic- Mitchell Rylee, Chandler Starks, Evan Isparo

Lyon County- Travis Perry

North Oldham- Dallas Roberts

North Laurel- Reed Sheppard and Ryan Davidson

Trinity- Miles Franklin

Paul Dunbar- Tim Hall

Dorman HS (Roebuck, SC)- 6'10 Noah Clowney 

Lake Highland HS (Orlando, FL)

Ensworth HS (Nashville, TN)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, InsideTrap said:

Belfry? Do they realize this isn’t 1992?

The promise of seeing the Pirates' 7'3" Bol Kuir will help the KOB organizers sell some tickets. They'll do this on occasion if a team has a showcase player.

Good for the KOB, and a great opportunity for a mountain team out of the 15th to show the Flatlanders how it's done.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Runcible Owl said:

The promise of seeing the Pirates' 7'3" Bol Kuir will help the KOB organizers sell some tickets. They'll do this on occasion if a team has a showcase player.

Good for the KOB, and a great opportunity for a mountain team out of the 15th to show the Flatlanders how it's done.

Maybe they’ll do a little better than Martin County’s epic performance in the last KOB. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HoopJunkie said:

Maybe they’ll do a little better than Martin County’s epic performance in the last KOB. 

Maybe. What's best about the KOB is what differentiates it from the LIT - a combination of some of the top teams in Louisville, some highly regarded out of state teams, and a rotation of teams/regions from around the Commonwealth.

Would I travel to a WYMT Mountain Classic to see Belfry? Not likely. Would I lay out some cash to see the Pirates with Kuir in the KOB? Absolutely.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Runcible Owl said:

Maybe. What's best about the KOB is what differentiates it from the LIT - a combination of some of the top teams in Louisville, some highly regarded out of state teams, and a rotation of teams/regions from around the Commonwealth.

Would I travel to a WYMT Mountain Classic to see Belfry? Not likely. Would I lay out some cash to see the Pirates with Kuir in the KOB? Absolutely.

KOB is always a great time. I try to see at least a couple of games there every year. If you’ve never been, it’s worth a little trip.

• Like 4

• 5 months later...