Weather issues and schedule changes

How many games are being moved to Thursday or having their start times changed?  Hearing a few are starting at 6 or 6:30 now because of chance of inclement weather during expected game times.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I'm late with this update. I just got back from Lexington seeing my orthopedic surgeon for a checkup. It appears that strong to severe storms will be ongoing from 6 pm to 2 am EDT Friday. T

Average day time highs for Ky this time of year is about 62-69.  So the higher temps right now causing more severe weather than usual for Ky in October.  That's what my wife tells me anyway.  She watc

Add in COVID with an extra bus ride and back (over an hour long one way), sitting around in a gym during a weather delay, tonight was a shutdown waiting to happen.  Not a fan of Saturday night

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, Kanaka Kahakai said:

I heard just your normal garden variety rain. Is there some severe weather coming around 7-7:30 kick off?

National Weather Service forecast for Louisville says showers with possible thunderstorm so is possibility of weather delay if get a thunderstorm.

• Thanks 1

Average day time highs for Ky this time of year is about 62-69.  So the higher temps right now causing more severe weather than usual for Ky in October.  That's what my wife tells me anyway.  She watches about 6-10 weather forecasts a day for some reason.  

• Haha 4
24 minutes ago, Kanaka Kahakai said:

I heard just your normal garden variety rain. Is there some severe weather coming around 7-7:30 kick off?

This is my thought. Seems like premature concern but I can understand wanting to avoid storms. 

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

This is my thought. Seems like premature concern but I can understand wanting to avoid storms. 

Weather.com has scattered Tstorms all day for Mayfield and then in the couple hours before game Thunderstorms with 70% chance - then rain the rest of the evening (at least during game time).  

2 hours ago, Bud_Kilmer said:

Wonder if anyone will postpone until Saturday. Forecast looks great for the weekend.

Saturday looks like a good idea to those in Western Kentucky. A good 12pm or 1pm Kickoff time would be ideal in my opinion.