Jump to content

When will Newport Central Catholic get back to the Championship Game?


Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, Ken Morgan said:

2021

Its really hard to gauge NCC every year due to the fact they play such large schools to start the year.   They don't care about W/L (I am assuming here) but want to be tested and pushed to their limits.  I know they have a lot of underclassmen playing so this year I would think they will just keep getting better and better.  From what I am reading a couple seniors - Tucker and Morgan have really had outstanding seasons so far.   They are always that one team that you just don't quite know what to expect since the record is normally not indicative of how good they are.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, PHAT KNEEL said:

Going to be a long time before that happens. Newcath needs to figure out how to get enrollment up. Is it the facilities keeping kids from going there? I don't know the answer to when this football program gets back to the championship game but having a less than stellar football program isn't a good thing. Can the current coaches and admin get enrollment back and attract the athletes? 

Last year NCC was down 7 with 4 minutes left in the game in the State Semi Final. NCC lost to Paintsville who went on to roll in the state final. NCC lost their best player who is now down at Georgetown College in the middle of the season. They lost another senior linebacker during the season. And the first series of the  Semi Final game they lost their starting tackle who was also their middle linebacker. Sometimes I just do not know what the agenda is on some people's post. Obviously NCC is closer to a State Final game then some people want to acknowledge. #bred4success

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, The Double Deuce said:

When do they merge with Bishop Brossart?  I think the answers may be linked.

You would need to ask the Bishop that question. He is new to the area and is probably not on BGP yet.😁

  • Like 4
  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, The Double Deuce said:

When do they merge with Bishop Brossart?  I think the answers may be linked.

Won't happen. That was suggested many moons ago. Know both schools and see no desire for this to occur. NCC is in the north end of the county, Brossart the south. The family dynamic of school attendance is very interesting. Many NCC kids are from Ft. Thomas and some choose Highlands. Both are academically sound. Went to teach and coach at Brossart after public school retirement.....hired for a 5 month stint....stayed 12 1/2 years. Great folks, just like NCC.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ken Morgan said:

Last year NCC was down 7 with 4 minutes left in the game in the State Semi Final. NCC lost to Paintsville who went on to roll in the state final. NCC lost their best player who is now down at Georgetown College in the middle of the season. They lost another senior linebacker during the season. And the first series of the  Semi Final game they lost their starting tackle who was also their middle linebacker. Sometimes I just do not know what the agenda is on some people's post. Obviously NCC is closer to a State Final game then some people want to acknowledge. #bred4success

I agree. NCC is still a top program in 1A. That usually makes itself clear during the playoffs.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, The Double Deuce said:

When do they merge with Bishop Brossart?  I think the answers may be linked.

The year Bishop Brossart moved to the 10th region was also the end of the talk to combine.  Not that those two items are connected but that was pretty much the end of those talks.  In those days it was because Brossart could not sustain enrollment.  Now we are kind of in an opposite mode.  But the Diocese wants an inner city presence.  That is clear.  NCC is the option for those students in areas that are perhaps not as affluent as other areas.   What would be puzzling to me if I were NCC is why has the diocese not gone all in and built them the facility that Brossart now has as far as a football stadium?  I am sure there are reasons beyond my scope but it is mind boggling that over the long history and tradition of the school that this has never happened.  Both schools serve a purpose in the diocese and really those purposes don't work if they are merged.  

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, cincyswords said:

The year Bishop Brossart moved to the 10th region was also the end of the talk to combine.  Not that those two items are connected but that was pretty much the end of those talks.  In those days it was because Brossart could not sustain enrollment.  Now we are kind of in an opposite mode.  But the Diocese wants an inner city presence.  That is clear.  NCC is the option for those students in areas that are perhaps not as affluent as other areas.   What would be puzzling to me if I were NCC is why has the diocese not gone all in and built them the facility that Brossart now has as far as a football stadium?  I am sure there are reasons beyond my scope but it is mind boggling that over the long history and tradition of the school that this has never happened.  Both schools serve a purpose in the diocese and really those purposes don't work if they are merged.  

I think if you researched a bit you would find the diocese had little to do financially with the construction of the MAC. Lots of hard work by the BBHS community to make it a reality. I think NCC's location on "the hill" would be a difficult build. I think the proximity of Newport Stadium has something to do with that decision too. I did think I heard rumblings about a facility in the not too distant past.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, 9068 said:

I think if you researched a bit you would find the diocese had little to do financially with the construction of the MAC. Lots of hard work by the BBHS community to make it a reality. I think NCC's location on "the hill" would be a difficult build. I think the proximity of Newport Stadium has something to do with that decision too. I did think I heard rumblings about a facility in the not too distant past.

Not going to the anti NCC or anti Brossart mode but I know the money behind the build, I know the Diocesan stance on projects and was referring to over the past 30 years.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, 9068 said:

I think if you researched a bit you would find the diocese had little to do financially with the construction of the MAC. Lots of hard work by the BBHS community to make it a reality. I think NCC's location on "the hill" would be a difficult build. I think the proximity of Newport Stadium has something to do with that decision too. I did think I heard rumblings about a facility in the not too distant past.

I believe there were plans for a facility for Newport Central Catholic that were approved and posted on this site. Perhaps someone can find and/or confirm. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using the site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Policies.