Owensboro at Graves County Predictions/Updates

Red Devils vs. Eagles   

35 members have voted

1. 1. The winner will be...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/15/2021 at 11:00 PM

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Red Devils try to conjure up black magic against surging Eagles Records: Owensboro (6-1), Graves County (6-1) BGP Ranking: Owensboro (#3 in 5A), Graves County (#7 in 5A) Series History:

This is a really tough game to call.  Who is playing for Owensboro and who isn't?  That's a big deal. I haven't seen Graves County play but know they are better than most on here think and playin

Uh oh. Weather isn't going to be an excuse come Saturday morning is it?

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, gcbleedblue said:

I’m not convinced this helps us. You all are thinking of the standard Graves County teams. Lest you guys forget Graves is second in 5A in passing yards. 

But yes, McKee in the mud is probably a huge strength. 

If you’re right Kemp will reschedule to Saturday.  I agree Graves great offense good speed, just not as much as O.  If Kemp reschedules I’ll eat my words and say the Coach believes his team is just as fast.  

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Hungover_in_Andover said:

Man yall got me excited about this game now. Hope it gets played! Are they in the same district?

Yes district 1

• Like 1

I have a hard time with Graves.  I want to see them successful, but typically they beat who they should, and don't seem to win many games as the underdog.  I need to see them beat some teams that they "shouldn't" beat before I see them going far and making some noise in the post season.  They had a shot with Mayfield, but really could only muster a quarter and a half of fight and that was it.  I can't speak to the Bullit East win.  Both teams appeared to be even, so I woudn't have considered Graves an underdog in that game.  Tonight will be their last chance to gain some confidence and momentum, because Muhlenburg and Marshall will be cake walks.  Good Luck to the Eagles.

• Like 1

mcd1863.gif.5c8271800431ff28b765354514a54374.gif

From @nWo:

Those in western Kentucky should be weather alert. There is an 80% chance a Severe Thunderstorm Watch will be issued in the next couple of hours or so.

Going to be interesting to see how it plays out!

• Like 2

It's been a while since I've been on but I had to check in for this one.  Day jobs and traveling have kept me pretty busy but this is a big one and it's good to see all the chatter about it!  Hopefully mother nature allows it to happen tonight!

As for the game on the field, I honestly have no idea what to expect.  It's a game full of questions for Owensboro.  I don't expect Carbon to play tonight, which IMO, is a huge blow to their offense more than their defense.  While I have no doubt that OHS has the players to step in and fill the roles left by Wimsatt and Carbon, we simply haven't seen it vs good competition as of yet.  Casey Boone has the potential to be a fine QB for the Devils and has done everything he's been asked to thus far.  Unfortunately for him, he hasn't really been tested against any high level competition.  Tonight is the true test for him.  The same could be said for the defense.  I expected that unit to thrive this season, but was pushed around a little bit by St X(rightfully so) and Daviess County.  The front 7 will need to be a lot better tonight for Owensboro to win the game.  

Graves offense has been balanced AND explosive this year and I don't expect that to change tonight.  I do think they a vulnerable on defense though.  Who will step up for the Devils in the big play department tonight??  Winstead?  Taylor?  Goodwin?  Pendleton?  They will have to have someone take their game to a level we have not seen yet at the varsity level.  Home field in the playoffs depend on this one and I know the Devils have been preparing for weeks.  I honestly have no idea how this one is going to go, but on paper, my gut says Graves in a close one.  Something in the ballpark of 36-35.

• Like 2