BluegrassPreps Class 2A Football Rankings 9/13

1 minute ago, Voice of Reason said:

Impressive wins by Beechwood and LCA. I still say Beechwood should be #1 in 2A.

I say LCA had the more impressive win tonight. 

• Like 3
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You do realize that Beechwood’s kicker split those same college uprights on his kick to send the game to Overtime? Beechwood won, LCA lost, 2020 is over, and it’s 2021, stop with the excuses and move

I agree with that. Beechwood is still #1. same reason as before. As long as both teams keep winning impressively like they are, Beechwood holds the upper hand because of the title game win last year w

Just now, theguru said:

I agree with that. Beechwood is still #1. same reason as before. As long as both teams keep winning impressively like they are, Beechwood holds the upper hand because of the title game win last year with both teams bringing almost the same teams back.

• Like 3

Beechwood and LCA are both really, really good football teams. Both are likely top 10 teams in the state regardless of class. Based on schedules the argument for LCA being a top 5 team can be made. In most years Beechwoods record and margin of victory against this schedule would be putting them in the same argument, but the reality is the schedule this year is good in name only.  CCH is a good football team but they are nothing compared to years past. They are an above average 5A team this year and that’s it. They could lose in the second round of the playoffs and no one would be surprised. 

Watching that 2A championship game it felt like LCA was the more talented team but Beechwood made the plays that counted and pulled out the victory. If they played 10 times I would guess a 6-4 LCA outcome.  Now having said that without seeing LCA this year or looking at their roster (other then knowing almost everyone returned) Beechwood had major contributions from a number of sophomores last year. I believe there is typically the biggest jump in size and maturity from sophomore to junior year and that is driving Beechwood success. Berger, Campbell and Waddell are all over the place and leading that defense. Maybe LCA had the same luxury of big time sophomore contributors last year that have grown and matured even more, I don’t know.  With that said, Beechwood is a significantly better football team this year then last year. LCA may be as well, I don’t know but hopefully we get another dandy of a championship game to determine that.  Whomever gets that one seed (assuming it’s a 2 horse race) has a huge advantage as that 1/4 semifinal will be a cakewalk compared to the 2/3 game against Mayfield.  Mayfield is mayfield and will be rough, it’s just hard to judge how tough with their schedule. That’s not a knock on their schedule, it just seems those western teams don’t venture East much to get a good gauge. 

• Like 1