Jump to content

Covington Catholic at Beechwood Predictions/Updates


Who wins?  

80 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Beechwood
      50
    • Covington Catholic
      30


Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

I'm gonna ask again, for anyone to answer... Who is saying Beechwood is the best in the state and where are they saying it?

I was just responding to some one saying that earlier in the thread. I have not seen that anywhere on here but it was clearly said earlier in the thread. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow, in the 14 minutes between the post you quoted and your own post, you were able to check with every single Beechwood parent to see whether or not they had said that? Color me impressed!

7on7 isn't a scrimmage. It's a glorified "hey let's toss the football in the yard". CCH and SK played in a real-game simulation scrimmage for 3 quarters. If you wanna talk about 7on7 you might as well

I don't know that I would say "most Mayfield fans" don't respect Beechwood. I think everyone knows snakesnot is a Mayfield fan, and I think he was just calling attention to the fact that calling any 2

2 hours ago, BlueKernels said:

Believe what you want. That came directly from a current Beechwood football parent. I offered up that insight in relation to another comment on the large number of Beechwood players repeating a year. Which, like it or not, is a huge advantage for Beechwood's team and will continue to be so for the next few years. It is completely the perogative of the parent's to choose to take advantage of the new rule, but there should be no problem with discussing how it will impact the level of success of the team moving forward. 

 

3 hours ago, gbballfan21 said:

There are no Beechwood parents who made any such statements. (Just like there are NO Beechwood fans who have said that the team is the best in Kentucky) Coach Rash was not part of the decision making process. How do I know? FIRST HAND knowledge. Anyone who says otherwise is lying. 

I struggle to see why Cov Cath fans are so concerned with this topic. You have families who made decisions about their kids high school education/experience ... you know ... just like how parents have made the decision to send their kids to Cov Cath. 

I will end with this ... people who live in glass houses ... I think you get my point. 


 

Does Beechwood having so many kids reclassify give them an advantage for this year, but also for the next few years? Absolutely!

Is Beechwood just doing by rule what they are allowed to do? Absolutely!

Was the majority of schools in the state given the same opportunity, and could have taken advantage of it too? Absolutely! 
 

Are people allowed to say that it gives Beechwood an advantage the next few years having so many players reclassify? Absolutely, because it is true it definitely is an advantage, and will probably be mentioned the next few years.

Should Beechwood and it’s fans care what others think, since they are only doing what they are allowed to do? Absolutely not! It’s not their fault many other schools and it’s players didn’t take as much of advantage from it as they did. 
 

People are right to say it is an advantage, because it is. Just like Beechwood and it’s fans are right not to care what others say, because they are just following what the rule allowed them to do. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

 


 

Does Beechwood having so many kids reclassify give them an advantage for this year, but also for the next few years? Absolutely!

Is Beechwood just doing by rule what they are allowed to do? Absolutely!

Was the majority of schools in the state given the same opportunity, and could have taken advantage of it too? Absolutely! 
 

Are people allowed to say that it gives Beechwood an advantage the next few years having so many players reclassify? Absolutely, because it is true it definitely is an advantage, and will probably be mentioned the next few years.

Should Beechwood and it’s fans care what others think, since they are only doing what they are allowed to do? Absolutely not! It’s not their fault many other schools and it’s players didn’t take as much of advantage from it as they did. 
 

People are right to say it is an advantage, because it is. Just like Beechwood and it’s fans are right not to care what others say, because they are just following what the rule allowed them to do. 

Bingo futurecoach. 

Beechwood has the advantage, regardless of the reason. (5th year SR. QB, Reclassified underclassmen, or maybe even just better players in general.)

Almost every sporting event ever played, 1 team is said to have an advantage for this that or the other reason. 

Does it mean they will win? No. That’s why you PLAY the game. We will know Friday night if Beechwood’s advantage on paper, is enough to lead them to a victory. Love this game, this rivalry, and the atmosphere I’m expecting on Friday night. BTW, I’ll take Colonels in a dog fight. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, HammerTheOver said:

Bingo futurecoach. 

Beechwood has the advantage, regardless of the reason. (5th year SR. QB, Reclassified underclassmen, or maybe even just better players in general.)

Almost every sporting event ever played, 1 team is said to have an advantage for this that or the other reason. 

Does it mean they will win? No. That’s why you PLAY the game. We will know Friday night if Beechwood’s advantage on paper, is enough to lead them to a victory. Love this game, this rivalry, and the atmosphere I’m expecting on Friday night. BTW, I’ll take Colonels in a dog fight. 

I will take a Tiger in a dog fight. 

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread is completely awesome in so many ways. Thank you to so many for being who you are. You provide endless comedy throughout the week!

Beechies - 35

Colonels - 17

Accept it. Beechwood is a better team on paper this year. IMO, they would be without Hergott returning. He is no doubt a difference make but this Beechwood Senior Class is loaded. Take away a wide left FG last year and BW wins, and returns much more than CovCath. Good luck to both teams Friday. Some great kids on both sidelines. Ft Mitchell will be electric, and I love it for all the kids to experience after the mostly empty stands a year ago……..

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, LoudenSwain said:

This thread is completely awesome in so many ways. Thank you to so many for being who you are. You provide endless comedy throughout the week!

Beechies - 35

Colonels - 17

Accept it. Beechwood is a better team on paper this year. IMO, they would be without Hergott returning. He is no doubt a difference make but this Beechwood Senior Class is loaded. Take away a wide left FG last year and BW wins, and returns much more than CovCath. Good luck to both teams Friday. Some great kids on both sidelines. Ft Mitchell will be electric, and I love it for all the kids to experience after the mostly empty stands a year ago……..

Take away Cam and Beechwood is not nearly on the same level as CCH…that’s just reality. I watched them in person a couple times last year and the entire offense revolves around Cam. Your score prediction may be accurate but without Cam CCH wins comfortably.

Link to post
Share on other sites



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using the site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Policies.