Covington Catholic at Beechwood Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Beechwood
    • Covington Catholic

Just now, theguru said:

Thanks, we (you) need to come up with a name for your computer rankings and release them soon.

Will release next week. Was waiting on Trinity to get game against KY team plus with covid cancellations have some teams with only two games. They have Male as top team in state so I think fairly accurate for most teams. I think on here will just call them Tigerpride94 ratings.

• Like 1
  • Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There is a game tonight between CCH and Beechwood. 

Wow, in the 14 minutes between the post you quoted and your own post, you were able to check with every single Beechwood parent to see whether or not they had said that? Color me impressed!

7on7 isn't a scrimmage. It's a glorified "hey let's toss the football in the yard". CCH and SK played in a real-game simulation scrimmage for 3 quarters. If you wanna talk about 7on7 you might as well

Posted Images

18 hours ago, chartman said:

I know Beechwood’s QB Is a returning senior. How many others  on the team are returning seniors? Is this not a factor in the strength of Beechwood’s team? I’m not saying that the coach or the school should not play these returning seniors, however it does play into the outcome of the game. Beachwood always has a good team. I think that this year is somewhat of an aberration due to this rule that allows seniors to return.

Just compared Beechwood's 2020 KHSAA roster to their 2021 KHSAA roster. Assuming that information is correct and up to date, it looks like Beechwood only has one repeating senior, but 8 total players taking advantage of re-do years. All had impact roles on the 2020 state championship team.

Landon Aylor (WR/DB)
- Currently repeating junior year
- Games played: 2019 (8); 2020 (12); 2021(3)

Xavier Campbell (OL/DL)
- Currently repeating sophomore year
- Games played: 2019 (12); 2020 (12); 2021 (4)

Carson Craycraft (WR/DB)
- Games played: 2019 (0); 2020 (9); 2021 (4)

Cam Hergott (QB/S)
- Currently repeating senior year
- Games played: 2019 (14); 2020 (12); 2021 (4)

Bomani Hughes (WR/DB)
- Games played: 2019 (8); 2020 (12); 2021 (4)

Landon Johnson (RB/LB)
- Games played: 2019 (7); 2020 (12); 2021 (4)

Liam McCormack (WR/DB)
- Games played: 2019 (13); 2020 (12); 2021 (4)

Ben Meier (WR/DB)
- Games played: 2019 (0); 2020 (10); 2021 (4)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
27 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Just compared Beechwood's 2020 KHSAA roster to their 2021 KHSAA roster. Assuming that information is correct and up to date, it looks like Beechwood only has one repeating senior, but 8 total players taking advantage of re-do years. All had impact roles on the 2020 state championship team.

Landon Aylor (WR/DB)

Xavier Campbell (OL/DL)

Carson Craycraft (WR/DB)

Cam Hergott (QB/S)

Bomani Hughes (WR/DB)

Landon Johnson (RB/LB)

Liam McCormack (WR/DB)

Ben Meier (WR/DB)

Bunch of re-dos 😏

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Landon Aylor (WR/DB)

Xavier Campbell (OL/DL)

Carson Craycraft (WR/DB)

Cam Hergott (QB/S)

Bomani Hughes (WR/DB)

Landon Johnson (RB/LB)

Liam McCormack (WR/DB)

Ben Meier (WR/DB)

I did realize it was that many. I thought it was only Cam.

12. No complaining about the web site, its members, or its management on the forums or in public. If you have a complaint (or if you have any constructive criticism) you need to send an email to theguru@fuse.net and I will get back with you as soon as possible to address the issue. When a moderator warns of possible rule violation or makes a request in a thread, do not ignore the warning/request and do not argue. Ignoring a violation warning, ignoring a moderator request or arguing with a moderator over their enforcement of forum rules may result in your suspension

12 minutes ago, Bluesport said:

I did realize it was that many. I thought it was only Cam.

It's much more than even those 8. They have several Freshman, possibly 6, from last year that are repeating as well. Apparently Coach Rash had reccommended that many of these kids take advantage of the new rule. I think it will pay off for him with a lot of W's the next few years!

43 minutes ago, BlueKernels said:

It's much more than even those 8. They have several Freshman, possibly 6, from last year that are repeating as well. Apparently Coach Rash had reccommended that many of these kids take advantage of the new rule. I think it will pay off for him with a lot of W's the next few years!

Clueless and absolutely INCORRECT. Coach Rash did not offer any opinion. Quit spreading rumors and lies about this topic. 

7 minutes ago, gbballfan21 said:

Clueless and absolutely INCORRECT. Coach Rash did not offer any opinion. Quit spreading rumors and lies about this topic. 

I stated what I heard from a Beechwood football parent. Beechwood sure does have a huge number of football repeats. Coincidence? And I’m not saying it’s against the rules, just the football team taking advantage of the rule the state passed.

39 minutes ago, BlueKernels said:

I stated what I heard from a Beechwood football parent. Beechwood sure does have a huge number of football repeats. Coincidence? And I’m not saying it’s against the rules, just the football team taking advantage of the rule the state passed.

There are no Beechwood parents who made any such statements. (Just like there are NO Beechwood fans who have said that the team is the best in Kentucky) Coach Rash was not part of the decision making process. How do I know? FIRST HAND knowledge. Anyone who says otherwise is lying. 

I struggle to see why Cov Cath fans are so concerned with this topic. You have families who made decisions about their kids high school education/experience ... you know ... just like how parents have made the decision to send their kids to Cov Cath. 

I will end with this ... people who live in glass houses ... I think you get my point. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, gbballfan21 said:

There are no Beechwood parents who made any such statements. (Just like there are NO Beechwood fans who have said that the team is the best in Kentucky) Coach Rash was not part of the decision making process. How do I know? FIRST HAND knowledge. Anyone who says otherwise is lying. 

I struggle to see why Cov Cath fans are so concerned with this topic. You have families who made decisions about their kids high school education/experience ... you know ... just like how parents have made the decision to send their kids to Cov Cath. 

I will end with this ... people who live in glass houses ... I think you get my point. 

Wow, in the 14 minutes between the post you quoted and your own post, you were able to check with every single Beechwood parent to see whether or not they had said that? Color me impressed!

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
24 minutes ago, gbballfan21 said:

Believe what you want. That came directly from a current Beechwood football parent. I offered up that insight in relation to another comment on the large number of Beechwood players repeating a year. Which, like it or not, is a huge advantage for Beechwood's team and will continue to be so for the next few years. It is completely the perogative of the parent's to choose to take advantage of the new rule, but there should be no problem with discussing how it will impact the level of success of the team moving forward. 

12. No complaining about the web site, its members, or its management on the forums or in public. If you have a complaint (or if you have any constructive criticism) you need to send an email to theguru@fuse.net and I will get back with you as soon as possible to address the issue. When a moderator warns of possible rule violation or makes a request in a thread, do not ignore the warning/request and do not argue. Ignoring a violation warning, ignoring a moderator request or arguing with a moderator over their enforcement of forum rules may result in your suspension