McNicholas (OH) 27 Highlands 21

Highlands had multiple opportunities to score in the 4th quarter.  A slip by Noon when trying to plant and run; a botched snap; a missed block.  Overall it was a good effort.  Next week will be another tough game.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Must still be on the elevator back up to the penthouse.

What is a Cake hater?

My take is you’re the type of person that lets your feelings build up about someone and you don’t have guts to say it, so you put the message on their bday cake.      

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, AgainstTheGrain said:

Birds will be fine. They do need a RB that can stay healthy and be productive. Who that is at this point is the big question. These boys have a lot fight in them and they want to win. They are all in and it shows. 

Not a comment on the game or your team and no idea if he gets cleared, but I thought Giesler would have been starting at RB this year if he stayed at CCH. He’s going to be a really nice player for you guys the next couple years. 

• Like 3

Really not liking the attitude of some on here that this is somehow a “moral victory” or something. Guys, this is HHS football. We should go into every single game expecting to win and be furious if you do lose and be willing to do whatever it takes to make sure it doesn’t happen again. Do losses happen, yes. But stop acting like this is a good thing.  I can absolutely assure you that Coach Sphire isn’t saying “it’s ok guys, we will get ‘em next time”. HHS could have, and should have won this game; plain and simple. 

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Falcon Pride said:

What is a Cake hater?

My take is you’re the type of person that lets your feelings build up about someone and you don’t have guts to say it, so you put the message on their bday cake.

image.jpeg.b87ffd9057a140a866c03c86d1b2a3b6.jpeg

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, CCHFC said:

Not a comment on the game or your team and no idea if he gets cleared, but I thought Giesler would have been starting at RB this year if he stayed at CCH. He’s going to be a really nice player for you guys the next couple years. 

Agreed....And if he stayed at NCC he is a huge 2 way player that instantly gives NCC a shot in the arm on offense.  He is a very talented player that will have a big impact his Junior and Senior year.  Love watching him play.

2 hours ago, Kenny Powers said:

Really not liking the attitude of some on here that this is somehow a “moral victory” or something. Guys, this is HHS football. We should go into every single game expecting to win and be furious if you do lose and be willing to do whatever it takes to make sure it doesn’t happen again. Do losses happen, yes. But stop acting like this is a good thing.  I can absolutely assure you that Coach Sphire isn’t saying “it’s ok guys, we will get ‘em next time”. HHS could have, and should have won this game; plain and simple. 

You know what.....you’re absolutely right. What I saw last night was a completely different team from the 1st three games. Killer attitude wasn’t there. Very sloppy at times on offense. Multiple missed tackles. Those things have to be corrected this week or Highlands will be looking at another loss heading into back to back Colonel weeks. Honestly, I think a message will be sent saying, last week isn’t the new Highlands football. Back on track! #1March

• Like 1
4 hours ago, AgainstTheGrain said:

Birds will be fine. They do need a RB that can stay healthy and be productive. Who that is at this point is the big question. These boys have a lot fight in them and they want to win. They are all in and it shows. 

The player I would love to see in the backfield as a RB is Carson Class. The way he ran back I believe 2 Kickoffs he had that anger "I want to run you over" mentality that I havent seen a Highlands RB have in a few years.

My 2 cents.....

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

The player I would love to see in the backfield as a RB is Carson Class. The way he ran back I believe 2 Kickoffs he had that anger "I want to run you over" mentality that I havent seen a Highlands RB have in a few years.

My 2 cents.....

Class is coming along nicely.  I think he can be special anywhere.   I think Richter is suppose to be back this week;  I assume we will learn more about Cam in the coming days.  He sure will add an entire different dimension.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Bird Bath said:

Class is coming along nicely.  I think he can be special anywhere.   I think Richter is suppose to be back this week;  I assume we will learn more about Cam in the coming days.  He sure will add an entire different dimension.

Totally agree, see a lot of Brycen H in Carson. Great instincts and only a Soph. Future is very bright for that kid.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, TEDFROMVILLAHILLS said:

You know what.....you’re absolutely right. What I saw last night was a completely different team from the 1st three games. Killer attitude wasn’t there. Very sloppy at times on offense. Multiple missed tackles. Those things have to be corrected this week or Highlands will be looking at another loss heading into back to back Colonel weeks. Honestly, I think a message will be sent saying, last week isn’t the new Highlands football. Back on track! #1March

I am certain in watching film certain boys need to step up.  To be honest I think they get dependent on a couple and forget their contributions.  A chain is only as good as it’s weakest link.  I know a few that didn’t come to play.  

With that said one missed tackle was a junior that has made a ton of plays for the birds. The botched snap was a junior that has been lights out and solidifies the line.  

The great thing with Coach is you can have a fantastic game on film and he shows you areas of improvement!  Noon at times perhaps tried to do too much; however you can’t fault effort and that was there!

2 hours ago, FrankNicodemus said:

My 2 cents.....

Carson is a special player and has bright future in the program. 

I am not saying he couldn't do it, but I would be hesitant to just throw him, or anyone, back at RB just because they are a great athlete. RB is a weird position; ask anyone who has ever played it. Just because you are fast, or powerful, or quick, or whatever, doesn't necessarily mean you are going to be good at RB. It is a position that some are just natural at and experience matters. 

For example, one of the best RBs to ever go through HHS was Josh Conner. If you watched Josh or knew Josh, you knew that he was not overly fast or powerful. He just had a natural feel and vision for running the ball and it made him truly great. 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Kenny Powers said:

Correct. Completely false. He is waiting approval. Should be soon… 

18 hours ago, Rocket Man said:

Thank you for the clarification.  That is false information.  

Well that’s funny because I have a family member on the highlands football team soooo….. I guess you know more then the players.