Lawrence County 39 Russell 28

GOREDDEVILS

Lawrence County is as relevant this year as they've been in a long time. Big win for them tonight. The quarterback, Strickland, looks like a player. Very elusive with the ball in his hands and throws a good ball when Lawrence does throw it. 

Russell was plagued tonight by turnovers and drops. There was also the onside kick that blew up in their face and they went for it on 4th and short twice in the third quarter and didn't convert and Lawrence made them pay. Simply put, the Devils need work. 

This should vault Lawrence County into the top 10, I would think. That would be huge for their program. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, DevilMayCare said:

This should vault Lawrence County into the top 10, I would think. That would be huge for their program. 

With the up-and-down, unsettled nature of Class 3A this season, I'm very curious as to where Lawrence County enters the top ten? Are they top 5? Higher?

2 hours ago, gchs_uk9 said:

With the up-and-down, unsettled nature of Class 3A this season, I'm very curious as to where Lawrence County enters the top ten? Are they top 5? Higher?

Top 5 would be a reach for me. It's hard to place them above Belfry until they beat them, given the recent history of that series.

• Like 1