2 minutes ago, TyroneBigsby said:

Seems like with all the cancellations, if indeed there is a 10 game cutoff, a late season matchup or two to settle things could be doable. Or is there a hard line on when the season ends as well?

My understanding is no Freshman games following the last varsity regular season game of the season.  October 30 this year

• Like 2
  • Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just kidding.  Beechwood has enough kids from other districts.  Lol. 

Exactly! You have to do better Boone County/Coach Warner. 

Maybe for another thread.  What are the season projections for top 4 teams in 3 years? 
                    9th      12th

Campbell?  7-1  3-7

Highlands? 6-2.   8-2

ryle? 8-1       8-2

Beechwood? 9-0.    9-1

Not sure if this year’s wins and loses are accurate.  Curios what the 3 year prediction looks like for everyone. 

On 10/13/2021 at 9:26 PM, futurecoach said:

Beechwood 36 

Cooper 6

Beechwood has some serious talent at QB and the skill positions in the freshman class. 

I have never seen a freshman offense as good as Beechwood's offense. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I have never seen a freshman offense as good as Beechwood's offense. 

It definitely would rank high up there. I don’t think their line is great, it’s more average. However, in regards to QB, RB, WRs, they are loaded, and definitely makes up for being average up front. So many different ways they can attack a team, and can’t really focus on stopping just any one player, because someone else would hurt you. Very impressive. 

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

It definitely would rank high up there. I don’t think their line is great, it’s more average. However, in regards to QB, RB, WRs, they are loaded, and definitely makes up for being average up front. So many different ways they can attack a team, and can’t really focus on stopping just any one player, because someone else would hurt you. Very impressive. 

They lost two starting linemen in the preseason to season ending injuries, another starter sustained a leg injury last week that has ended his season and then lost another starter three plays into the Cooper game Thursday night.

The talent and depth they have up front is something I’ve never seen before at the freshman level. However, I do agree the talent at the skill positions definitely offsets the injuries/current talent up front. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, futurecoach said:

Good assessment. It is the passing game that is most impressive.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, hogstooth said:

Final

Freshman score from 10-15-2021 at Dixie

Campbell County 36

Dixie 30

I assume you meant that game was from last night? Sounds like a good one. 

2 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

So does Cov Cath have everyone back healthy yet?

No. It's getting better, but they are still missing some significant contributors.  The four that I can think of off the top of my head are: Krallman (MLB/TE), Link, (WR/DB), Suwinski (OLB/WR/TE), Lanham (WR/DB).  There are more, but I don't know who the rest are off the top of my head.  The four mentioned were in the starting lineup or had significant play time in the Elder game.