• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here are the Northern Kentucky Freshman Football season results as of today. Beechwood at Ryle kicks off in about 15 minutes to start things off for this week.

Beechwood defeated Ryle, 36-14, tonight. Chase Flaherty had 4 rushing TDs, Austin Flesch had a receiving TD and Luke Erdman had 3 INTs. 

Cov Cath's kicker, Andrew Weitzel, had was two for three on 30+ yard field goals in the game (Coach Eviston was there to see at least one of them happen). He also had a couple of really nice kickoffs

Archbishop McNicholas(OH) 34 Highlands(Ky) 18

Highlands tied it at 18 all with roughly 3:00 to go in the game. McNicholas drove the field and scored and went for 2 and converted. Next series McNicholas picked up a Fumble and ran it in for a TD. 2 point good. This game was played at McNicholas who has a Lighting ordinance. Lights were not able to be turned on and it got pretty Dark there towards the end. McNicholas played pretty sound football. Highlands has to clean up their Line play.

• Thanks 1

This Cov. Cath. team is going to be pretty good. CCH was winning at halftime 12-0 on a pick 6 and a nice drive by the offense, resulting in a touch down pass in the corner of the end zone from Jackson Reardon to Oliver Link.  I was most impressed with the defensive.  The defense looked really good with interceptions and sacks at critical times of the game.  This team is much better than most are giving credit.  They went win less in the upper division of the GCYL last year but only had a few practices before they had their first game because of covid restrictions. The OH schools had been practicing for weeks. They also had a lot of first year players who were good athletes but lacked football game experience.   I look for these guys to be one of the top teams in NKY.

• Thanks 2
53 minutes ago, UKato91 said:

This Cov. Cath. team is going to be pretty good. CCH was winning at halftime 12-0 on a pick 6 and a nice drive by the offense, resulting in a touch down pass in the corner of the end zone from Jackson Reardon to Oliver Link.  I was most impressed with the defensive.  The defense looked really good with interceptions and sacks at critical times of the game.  This team is much better than most are giving credit.  They went win less in the upper division of the GCYL last year but only had a few practices before they had their first game because of covid restrictions. The OH schools had been practicing for weeks. They also had a lot of first year players who were good athletes but lacked football game experience.   I look for these guys to be one of the top teams in NKY.

There is no doubt in my mind that Coach Shafii will have them playing well. That dude can flat out coach. 

12 hours ago, BirdDaddy said:

Archbishop McNicholas(OH) 34 Highlands(Ky) 18

Highlands tied it at 18 all with roughly 3:00 to go in the game. McNicholas drove the field and scored and went for 2 and converted. Next series McNicholas picked up a Fumble and ran it in for a TD. 2 point good. This game was played at McNicholas who has a Lighting ordinance. Lights were not able to be turned on and it got pretty Dark there towards the end. McNicholas played pretty sound football. Highlands has to clean up their Line play.

Giving up 34 points during a game with 8 minute quarters. Sounds like they have more to cleanup than their line play. 

On 8/27/2021 at 9:26 PM, Lady RedDog said:

Giving up 34 points during a game with 8 minute quarters. Sounds like they have more to cleanup than their line play. 

Yep you're right. Many areas need improvements on both sides of the ball but it starts up front on Offense. Welcome to BGP Lady RD.

• Thanks 1
On 8/27/2021 at 9:26 PM, Lady RedDog said:

Welcome to BGP @Lady RedDog!

1 hour ago, colonel-fan said:

CovCath beat Dixie 27 -14.

Cov Cath's kicker, Andrew Weitzel, had was two for three on 30+ yard field goals in the game (Coach Eviston was there to see at least one of them happen). He also had a couple of really nice kickoffs for a frosh kicker, both came down around the 15 yard line.

Makes me wonder a little how long he's going to be the freshman kicker.

• Like 2

Important Information

By using the site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Policies.