An update on our friend gold sunrise

Randy Parker

Some of you who've been around here for a while are familiar with @gold sunrise, who was a long-time moderator and avid fan of Kentucky High School Basketball, and in particular her beloved GRC Cardinals.  She's been a good friend to many here on this site.

As some of you are aware, goldie has not been around much for quite some time due to a battle with ALS.  Her health has been on a steady decline for the last few years, to the point that she is now under Hospice Care.  She has a caregiver that takes care of her Monday thru Friday, and then her husband and son provide care on Saturday and Sunday.  She very much struggles to speak right now because her muscles have been so effected by this dreadful disease. 

With all of that said, her caregiver informed me that goldie still has a positive attitude and loves visitors.  When I asked if I could share this information with the BGP community, goldie (through the caregiver) said that it would be fine to share this information.  She said she "misses all the sports fans and friends."  Then she concluded by saying, "Love, gold sunrise."

• Thanks 7
  • Sad 1

Thanks to Randy for the update!!!   

Knowing Goldie she is coping as well as can be expected under the circumstances.  This is one strong, and strong-willed lady.  She has given ALS a run for its money.  I'm happy to hear that she is receiving first-class care, is able to be at home, and has a loving and caring family, along with her BGP fan base.

Take it a day at a time.  Prayers and Angels to you!!! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Just saw on Facebook that our sweet Goldie has passed away. Prayers for Larry and her family.

A sweet woman, BGP Hall-Of-Famer, and one of the greatest advocates for High School Basketball in the Bluegrass.

And the greatest stalker Julius Randle ever had.

Gonna miss you, goldie.

• Like 3