On 7/14/2021 at 3:09 PM, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

No way Holy Cross offers anywhere near the paycheck that Hughes offers. I don't say that as any kind of dig against Holy Cross, but facts are facts. Plus Catholic school jobs offer exactly ZERO in terms of retirement benefits. Cincinnati Public Schools offer more pay than basically any teaching/coaching job in northern Kentucky, with a possible very few exceptions.

I'll put it this way...I may love my job, but if someone somewhere else offers to add a quarter onto my paycheck and keep doing the same basic thing elsewhere, I'll take that job every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

So yeah, being offered the Hughes job would very logically be cause for a pretty drastic change of mindset.

Please don't tell the Diocese about that pension check they are sending me every month lol.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, The Double Deuce said:

I heard HC had a pre-season workout last night, any idea who is running those in the absence of a Head Coach?  

Have to think the JV coach will get a good look. He has been there a while and has done a good job. 

Should be a long list of quality applicants! 

2 minutes ago, Chip said:

Have to think the JV coach will get a good look. He has been there a while and has done a good job. 

Should be a long list of quality applicants! 

Names that were tossed around in 2018 after Coach Schrand stepped down included:

Dave Bezold
Kevin Bundy
Ben Franzen
Joe Fredrick
Joe Harney
Andre McClendon
Kes Murphy
Jeff Trame

Brandon Grammer's name was not mentioned until the the announcement was made about his hire.

On 7/14/2021 at 4:27 PM, bigblue96 said:

Satterfield was only named the coach at Hughes roughly 6 weeks ago. Wonder what happened for him to abandon ship?

On 7/16/2021 at 7:07 PM, Brcatz said:

Did not get along with Administration I heard.

As I understand it, there were a couple of kids (I think one was his Kenny Satterfield's son KJ?) that were shadowing at Cov Cath and ended up enrolling Hughes in order to play for Satterfield. I wonder what happens with that.