When you eat a hot dog from the grill, what do you put on it?

45 minutes ago, GOREDDEVILS said:

Sauce,Mustard,Onion.

Can’t go wrong with this one.

Ive noticed the idea of “sauce” greatly varies by region. I’ve had some really bad hotdog sauce…

• Like 1

Usually just ketchup, occasionally mustard.

At Bengals games, I am allowed to have a hot dog after the game, if I want.  I like adding chopped onions to it.  I just don't try that hard at home.

22 hours ago, OlDog75 said:

We used to get bread from what we called "day old bread place" (Pike St.-Cov).  However it was a heck of a lot older than "day old".

Oh, and the same bread doubled as hamburger buns also.

My mom shopped there too! As a grown up, I always bought Butternut because it was another thing I thought only rich kids ate.  

Most meats I cook, the goal is for the meat itself to act alone and we don't have to baste on sugary condiments to make them edible. Hotdogs don't fall in that category - probably because we don't know what the hell is in it - and I have found you can be incredible versatile with almost any condiment or add on like grilled/fried onions, sauerkraut, or relish. An oversized dog split open and grilled through to perfection and topped with ketchup and mustard is my go-to, but some small fried onions on top can make it next level. I maybe eat 2-3 hotdogs a year, but I do enjoy them.

18 hours ago, MBWC41 said:

Can’t go wrong with this one.

Ive noticed the idea of “sauce” greatly varies by region. I’ve had some really bad hotdog sauce…

What exactly is Hot Dog Sauce?

On 7/12/2021 at 12:39 PM, rjs4470 said:

What exactly is Hot Dog Sauce?

A mixture of ground beef, ketchup, tomato sauce and other ingredients all cooked together. NO BEANS!!!

When done right, it’s delicious.

On 7/12/2021 at 1:17 PM, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

@mcpapa seems to have some thoughts on hot dog sauce 🤣😂

I guess I do.  To briefly recap, Cincinnati chili as a stand-alone is overrated swill; it’s only application should be hot dog sauce. And then in combination with heaps of shredded cheese and onions. 

I hope this clears up any lingering misconceptions.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

And my usual hot-dog-off-the-grill condiments are mustard, ketchup and onions. 

And Parker, that’s CON-DIM-ENTS.  

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Ketchup, mustard, relish, and onion.  Although we do have a popular drive in restaurant in town which serves them wrapped in cheese and bacon, in which cause I will eat it without any sauces.