Aug 20 at Paul Laurence Dunbar
Aug 27 vs. Powell County
Sep 3 vs. Hazard
Sep 10 vs. Perry County Central
Sep 17 - OPEN
Sep 24 at Middlesboro (District)
Oct 1 vs. Morgan County (District)
Oct 8 - OPEN
Oct 15 vs. Knott County Central (District)
Oct 22 vs. Leslie County (District)
Oct 29 at Knox Central

image.png.c9ec59380885c3f07a09bb74ce566373.png

The Perry County Central thread shows them hosting Breathitt on the 10th. I'm curious if that date is actually supposed to be the September 3rd - which fills open dates and keeps Breathitt/Estill on the 10th.

Breathitt Co once again has a very soft schedule, looks like they would learn after last few years that playing nobody leads to an early exit in playoffs, choosing coaching wins over your teams needs isn’t right.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nikeman49 said:

Breathitt Co once again has a very soft schedule, looks like they would learn after last few years that playing nobody leads to an early exit in playoffs, choosing coaching wins over your teams needs isn’t right.

I can't speak to any potential hurdles Breathitt may or may not face in putting together a more challenging schedule, but year after year they fail to test themselves in a way that reflects a program looking to take the next step.

They'll continue running in place until that changes.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, nikeman49 said:

Breathitt picked up Dunbar for tomorrow night 

Really good pickup. I suspect Dunbar wins but Breathitt County is typically a solid club. The RPI points from a 6A school like Dunbar might potentially get Breathitt a home game in the third round of the playoffs. More than that, it will give the Bobcats a good measuring stick for where they are and where they want to get to this season.

4 hours ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Really good pickup. I suspect Dunbar wins but Breathitt County is typically a solid club. The RPI points from a 6A school like Dunbar might potentially get Breathitt a home game in the third round of the playoffs. More than that, it will give the Bobcats a good measuring stick for where they are and where they want to get to this season.

They really needed the Dunbar game with an extremely weak remaining schedule.