Jump to content

If you could go back and change 1 KY Basketball loss which one would you chose?


Recommended Posts

Immediately I think 92 Duke or 15 Wisconsin. As much as I’d love to win either I’m going with a National Championship loss. Do I take 97 and give Pitino 2 straight with Ky or 14 and CAL has 2. I’ll take the recent and say 2014 over UCONN.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly you really need to choose a national title game, because nothing before that is given. While I think Kentucky would’ve beaten Duke in 2015, there’s no guarantee of that at all. After all, Duke beat the team that beat UK. 1992 would be even less given. 
 

Personally, I’d choose 2014 as you did. I wouldn’t choose 1997 because who can say for certain what happens in 1998. Three straight titles would have been huge pressure. A 2014 title would have eradicated the undefeated run in 2015, but I’d have settled for two titles in three years.  And it would have been nice to not have to hear about Cal not being able to win a second if that happens. 
 

If it were before the finals, then yes, 2015 to Duke, with 2010’s loss to West Virginia a very close second.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/30/2021 at 12:14 PM, DragonFire said:

Honestly you really need to choose a national title game, because nothing before that is given. While I think Kentucky would’ve beaten Duke in 2015, there’s no guarantee of that at all. After all, Duke beat the team that beat UK. 1992 would be even less given. 
 

Personally, I’d choose 2014 as you did. I wouldn’t choose 1997 because who can say for certain what happens in 1998. Three straight titles would have been huge pressure. A 2014 title would have eradicated the undefeated run in 2015, but I’d have settled for two titles in three years.  And it would have been nice to not have to hear about Cal not being able to win a second if that happens. 
 

If it were before the finals, then yes, 2015 to Duke, with 2010’s loss to West Virginia a very close second.

I like your thought process, but you are going sliding doors theory on us with 1997. Back-to-back-to-back would have put UK in another category.

That said, I would roll the dice with 2015 in hopes they could pull off what no other team has done (i.e. 40-0). No guts, no glory.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bugatti said:

I like your thought process, but you are going sliding doors theory on us with 1997. Back-to-back-to-back would have put UK in another category.

That said, I would roll the dice with 2015 in hopes they could pull off what no other team has done (i.e. 40-0). No guts, no glory.

And for whatever reason we slipped after 2015, or as some say “weren’t cool” anymore.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Easy for me, the 2015 Wisconsin game hands down. 

As much as that game hurt to lose, I think you still have to go with one of the times UK finished runner up in the tournament.  Beating Wisconsin did not guarantee a title.  39-1 might sting even worse.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Irish Cat said:

As much as that game hurt to lose, I think you still have to go with one of the times UK finished runner up in the tournament.  Beating Wisconsin did not guarantee a title.  39-1 might sting even worse.  

Yes a loss in the finals to Duke would have been horrible...but that game hurt more than any other game in my life. 92 was tough, but to be honest we weren't expected to come close to beating Duke that day. The Wisconsin game kept them from even having a chance at going down in history as one of the greatest teams in history. The only other game that hurt me close to that was the loss to WVU Cal's first season. That loss literally made me sick and unable to sleep that night.

Next worse for me would be the 97 loss to Arizona, but 98 helped me get over it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using the site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Policies.