Feels like they should have put the turf down when they rebuilt the stadium last season, but nevertheless glad to see them getting it.

What I'd really love to see JCPS do it put turf at every school, but start with the less successful schools (Shawnee, Western, Seneca, etc.) and work up to the big names.

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Feels like they should have put the turf down when they rebuilt the stadium last season, but nevertheless glad to see them getting it.

What I'd really love to see JCPS do it put turf at every school, but start with the less successful schools (Shawnee, Western, Seneca, etc.) and work up to the big names.

All about the money GC.  I thought I remember a few years back that Male alumni had the funds together to turf the football field and was told no by a former JCPS administration, as "that wouldn't be fair to the other schools".  So glad to see Ballard getting this needed school improvement.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Purple88 said:

All about the money GC.  I thought I remember a few years back that Male alumni had the funds together to turf the football field and was told no by a former JCPS administration, as "that wouldn't be fair to the other schools".  So glad to see Ballard getting this needed school improvement.

I seem to recall an article or news clip of the superintendent saying they wanted to put turf at all fields over a handful of years, following a method similar to what Fayette County did (although obviously far fewer schools in Lexington). Has that ship sailed?

Just now, gchs_uk9 said:

I seem to recall an article or news clip of the superintendent saying they wanted to put turf at all high school football fields over a handful of years, following a method similar to what Fayette County did (although obviously far fewer schools in Lexington). Has that ship sailed?