Sep 24 at Daviess County (District)
Oct 1 vs. Henderson County (District)
Oct 15 vs. Apollo (District)
Oct 22 at Warren Central
Oct 29 vs. Graves County

937766561_MarshallCounty.jpg.07c6191ad537781510ed7ad4c85dfde4.jpg

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Joe Tracy said:

First 2 games are wins after that it's a brutal schedule for the Marshalls. 

They should match up well vs the Northpoint.  They aren't strong contenders in their region/league.  WC is also a winnable game. Calloway may not be as good this year vs last year, they are losing a lot of speed.  This isn't a bad schedule for a team that wants to start having some success.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tough district to be in for sure. I seen yesterday where someone said when they played they went to a one loss MC team in the playoffs and everyone expected them to lose and they won and it made me think when was the last time MC won a district championship if ever.

I remember in 95 they played ST X tough at home in the semi's and narrowly lost. 21-0 with ST X scoring twice in the 4th. Marshall had some good teams back around 2006 7 and 8. Marshall has had success but not as much as they should.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Tkinslow said:

Tough district to be in for sure. I seen yesterday where someone said when they played they went to a one loss MC team in the playoffs and everyone expected them to lose and they won and it made me think when was the last time MC won a district championship if ever.

Marshall County has been district champions four times:

• In 1986 they won their Class AAAA district, but it was only three teams (Christian County and Madisonville were the other two). They lost to Henderson County, 23-6, in the first round of the playoffs.
  • In 1995 they won their Class AAAA district with a 5-1 record, 6-4 overall. Graves County, Henderson County, and Christian County were all 4-2. Apollo, Madisonville, and Daviess County missed the playoffs in the district. Marshall beat Central Hardin, North Hardin, and Nelson County before falling to St. Xavier in the state semifinals.
  • In 1998 they won their Class AAAA district with an undefeated 6-0 record, 9-1 overall. Henderson was second, Apollo third, and Christian fourth. Daviess, Graves, and Ohio County missed the playoffs. Marshall beat Shelby County and North Hardin before losing to Nelson County in the state quarterfinals.
  • In 2007 they won their Class 6A district with a 4-1 record, 7-3 overall.  Graves and Daviess tied for second, both 3-2 in district and 7-3 overall. Henderson was fourth, Apollo fifth, and Madisonville sixth. Marshall beat Henderson County and Daviess County before being demolished by St. Xavier in the state quarterfinals.

Marshall County is 10-21 all-time in postseason play with seven of those wins coming in years in which they were district champions. Their other three playoff wins were an 18-13 first round win over Central Hardin in 1992, a 34-14 first round win over Greenwood in 1999, and a 47-21 first round win over Apollo in 2000. All were in Class AAAA.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Important Information

By using the site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Policies.