THUNDERBIRDS

Highlands is looking for a Strength and Conditioning Coach

33 minutes ago, Brcatz said:

Totally different 7x7 for High Schools than in Travel Tru Exposure 7v7. Rules are different, pace of play, top talent on every team we have faced. 

Man, I don't mean this in a lousy way, but I think you'd have a better argument if you just said, "this 7x7 team I (or my kid) is clearly affiliated with, lost some kids from Highlands because of their coach."  Instead, you started off arguing he wasn't letting "kids be kids" which then morphed into a college recruiting/exposure argument, while simultaneously ignoring Sphire's impressive record of getting kids to the next level.   I'm not here to argue how many of those next level kids are currently at Highlands, but if they are, he's proven his ability to get them there.   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, observerbynature said:

Man, I don't mean this in a lousy way, but I think you'd have a better argument if you just said, "this 7x7 team I (or my kid) is clearly affiliated with, lost some kids from Highlands because of their coach."  Instead, you started off arguing he wasn't letting "kids be kids" which then morphed into a college recruiting/exposure argument, while simultaneously ignoring Sphire's impressive record of getting kids to the next level.   I'm not here to argue how many of those next level kids are currently at Highlands, but if they are, he's proven his ability to get them there.   

Agreed!  The more and more @Brcatz replies the more and more we realize the hidden agenda in his arguments.

#1MARCH

• Like 2

Are we also forgetting that Nick Saban personally wrote him a letter congratulating him? He has connections to the college world that very few coaches have. He has gotten two former players jobs at Alabama among many other programs. If a player wants to play on a 7 on 7 team on their own time, I’m sure Coach Sphire wouldn’t care. But as soon as that team becomes more important to the players than Highlands and they are missing workouts/practices, then there is a clear problem. 

• Like 6

On 5/5/2021 at 11:31 AM, GoBirds4 said:

Are we also forgetting that Nick Saban personally wrote him a letter congratulating him? He has connections to the college world that very few coaches have. He has gotten two former players jobs at Alabama among many other programs. If a player wants to play on a 7 on 7 team on their own time, I’m sure Coach Sphire wouldn’t care. But as soon as that team becomes more important to the players than Highlands and they are missing workouts/practices, then there is a clear problem. 

Funny you bring that up. I was talking to someone very much in the know yesterday and he said that Coach Sphire was on a Zoom Call with one the Alabama's coaches and Freshman Brody Benke and Carson Class just so happen to be sitting nearby and now are on Bama's watch list for the next 4 years for what it's worth. So who's being a meanie now? I would say Coach Sphire has more connections than your average Coach. There's the Bama thing again.

• Like 1

Being a big Alabama fan; nothing would make me happier!  Again correct me if I am wrong but both boys play the 3 major sports, correct?  They are still young and I have not seen either on the grid iron since the frosh season ended.  

Let’s not put the cart before the horse.  They still have plenty of time to earn there stripes.  I and plenty of others can’t wait until they pad up.  We have heard plenty of good stuff.

• Like 1

Deep deep breath’s are encouraged for all... Highlands success lies with hard work, commitment and teamwork. None of those words have an capital  “I” in it.

#proveyourself 

• Like 1

On 5/7/2021 at 12:04 PM, Bird Bath said:

Being a big Alabama fan; nothing would make me happier!  Again correct me if I am wrong but both boys play the 3 major sports, correct?  They are still young and I have not seen either on the grid iron since the frosh season ended.  

Let’s not put the cart before the horse.  They still have plenty of time to earn there stripes.  I and plenty of others can’t wait until they pad up.  We have heard plenty of good stuff.

It's all good. Don't think I'm trying to downplay your own kid. Yours along with many others have made great strides this past off season. Just posting what I heard form a reliable source. Enjoy your Son's Sr season. It will go by in a Flash.

23 hours ago, BirdDaddy said:

It's all good. Don't think I'm trying to downplay your own kid. Yours along with many others have made great strides this past off season. Just posting what I heard form a reliable source. Enjoy your Son's Sr season. It will go by in a Flash.

Thanks.  I believe he deserved more last year and he showed that toward the end of Varsity season.  However the great part is he played at both levels which helped in his development.  In Spring ball he has shown to be a leader of the defense and transitioned to the other side of the ball well.  He has witnessed others in the past year or two in that role and knows what it takes.  He wants 4 more years and I believe he has the frame and work ethic to make it happen.  

More importantly he cares about the program and what role he can do to move it forward. He is tight with his own class but he sees the level of play moving forward in the coming classes.  Simple words show them what is expected and leave it better than you had it.  I truly believe it is in the works.  HHS will 1March forward.

• Like 1