Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
CincySportsFan

Aaron Rodgers - Doesn't want to be a Packer anymore?

Recommended Posts

Big news breaking just a few hours before the NFL draft.  The reining MVP tells the Green Bay Packers he does not want to return to the team.

Will we see him traded tonight?

Will the Pack wait him out?  If so, I think he's willing to sit.

Does he get traded later this summer?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The timing seems odd.

Rodgers has always seemed a little sensitive to me but if you are a team looking for a QB he has to be the top guy. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, theguru said:

Rodgers has always seemed a little sensitive to me

Agree completely. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheDeuce said:

Agree completely. 

Definitely has been but don’t blame him on this one, really dumb 1st round pick by the Pack last year!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, theguru said:

Rodgers has always seemed a little sensitive to me but if you are a team looking for a QB he has to be the top guy. 

I have gotten to see a different side of him this past season, watching him on the Pat McAfee show each week.  My opinion of him has completely changed. He is super smart, but also very reserved. I can see how some people might look at him being sensitive. 

I think the Packers screwed the pooch on this, starting with last year's draft. I think Aaron looked at this past season as a job application for a new job.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, CincySportsFan said:

I have gotten to see a different side of him this past season, watching him on the Pat McAfee show each week.  My opinion of him has completely changed. He is super smart, but also very reserved. I can see how some people might look at him being sensitive. 

I think the Packers screwed the pooch on this, starting with last year's draft. I think Aaron looked at this past season as a job application for a new job.

Clearly very smart and I love watching him play football but I am still sticking with sensitive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, theguru said:

The timing seems odd.

Rodgers has always seemed a little sensitive to me but if you are a team looking for a QB he has to be the top guy. 

The timing is weird for sure. But it sounds like Rodgers has told multiple Packers staff this throughout the off season. So the timing of the news is on the Packers.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, theguru said:

Clearly very smart and I love watching him play football but I am still sticking with sensitive. 

"Jerk" would be the more appropriate word.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he wants to go to the west coast so he can host Jeopardy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Packers cut their dead money in half if they move him after June 1st.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Packers cut their dead money in half if they move him after June 1st.

I wonder how this news affected the draft last night.  If you were a team that thought about trading up to get one of the QB's last night, or were even in a spot to get one initially...do you hold off, and fill another need, with the hopes of landing Aaron later?  Don't know that we'll ever know the answer to that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CincySportsFan said:

I wonder how this news affected the draft last night.  If you were a team that thought about trading up to get one of the QB's last night, or were even in a spot to get one initially...do you hold off, and fill another need, with the hopes of landing Aaron later?  Don't know that we'll ever know the answer to that.

Yeah, I mean its a great question.  But, would you rather take on a rookie in the first round with a rookie contract or Rodgers' contract?  I'd imagine that's definitely a factor too, even though I'm sure everyone would have to have Rodgers as their QB for a year or three.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2021 at 2:38 PM, catholicdude said:

"Jerk" would be the more appropriate word.  

This here. I can’t think Rodgers is that well liked as a teammate, or by as evidence of the Packers, not well liked as a franchise leader.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only first round pick on offense for the Packers in the last 10 years was for Jordan Love. I get him being upset about all that. However, I think this is largely about what these things are always about - money. The Packers need to renegotiate his contract and show a commitment to him. That will solve everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2021 at 4:41 PM, theguru said:

The timing seems odd.

Rodgers has always seemed a little sensitive to me but if you are a team looking for a QB he has to be the top guy. 

Now we find out today, that Schefter sat on the story and decided to release it on draft day.  It was a freakin' PR piece for ESPN!  They wanted everyone there at the draft saying "Adam Schefter/ESPN reporting that..."  Everybody got played.

Schefter was on the Dan Patrick Show and said this was just an accumulation of information that'd been gathered since the end of last year.  There was nothing new...no phone call, no text, nothing...that came out that day.  He just decided that "it was going to get out there sometime, so why not release it now?"

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using the site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Policies.