Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
InsideSlant

Who do the Bengals take with the #5 pick in the 2021 NFL draft?

Who do the Bengals take with the #5 pick in the 2021 NFL draft?  

17 members have voted

  1. 1. What do the Bengals do with pick #5?

    • Ja'Marr Chase
      9
    • Penei Sewell
      7
    • Kyle Pitts
      0
    • Other Player (or trade)
      1


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, CincySportsFan said:

Names I have seen bantered about for the OL...

Liam Eichenberg (Notre Dame)

Tevin Jenkins (Oklahoma State)

Landon Dickerson (Bama)

Walker Little (Stanford)

Samuel Cosmi (Texas)

Apparently there's the belief the Bengals may skip those guys, and take a DT or Edge Rusher instead.

 

I’ve heard they’re planning on O line in 2nd round and playing whoever they pick at right guard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Evaluators just said Bengals have the best 3 receiver set in the NFL!!!

Maybe a little premature. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

 I don't think the Bengals are even going to get the 6th best tackle. I see a run of tackles here right at the start of round two.

That may happen. What helps is there are two defensive lineman that were projected to be first round picks that are still available. So those guys may go, or they could possibly even be in play for the Bengals if one of the OL they want is  gone. 
 

The Bengals are in a good spot to add a good player up front on one side of the ball in the second round. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

I’ve heard they’re planning on O line in 2nd round and playing whoever they pick at right guard. 

I’m sure that is the plan. With that said if one of the OL they want does get taken. While a defensive lineman like a Barmore or Ojulari who both were thought to be first round guys falls to them. They very well may take one of those guys, and keep with the BPA approach they showed they are going with when they took Chase. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, futurecoach said:

That may happen. What helps is there are two defensive lineman that were projected to be first round picks that are still available. So those guys may go, or they could possibly even be in play for the Bengals if one of the OL they want is  gone. 
 

The Bengals are in a good spot to add a good player up front on one side of the ball in the second round. 

The analyst on the set seemed to disagree with Chase and Kiper stepped in and said, “they will address Oline in the 2nd round.”  Who knows though?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Evaluators just said Bengals have the best 3 receiver set in the NFL!!!

Am I a homer? Absolutely. Do I think this is a crazy take? Absolutely not. I would argue this point pretty strongly. Chase will be a top 5 receiver in the league after this year. Boyd is one of the best true slot receivers in the league. Higgins is a high volume producer and is the jump ball threat. The only teams I think may be ahead are the two teams in the super bowl last year. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pricey trade up by the Patriots in the second round. The Bengals gained the equivalent of an extra third-round pick's worth of value here. Picks Bengals received were worth roughly 60% more than what they gave up, according to ESPN's draft pick valuations.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bengals with the 46th pick select Jackson Carman OT from Clemson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Bengals with the 46th pick select Jackson Carman OT from Clemson.

Even though he's listed as a tackle, I feel they'll put him at guard starting day 1.  Maybe he gets moved out down the road.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Bengals with the 46th pick select Jackson Carman OT from Clemson.

From Fairfield, how cool is that?  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s a BIG BOY!!  Looks like a good athlete, will probably start at right guard and move out to right tackle after Reiff is gone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 16thBBall Fan said:

He’s a BIG BOY!!  Looks like a good athlete, will probably start at right guard and move out to right tackle after Reiff is gone

5 star talent, OSU wanted him badly.  He’s a vocal kid but not necessarily in a bad way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Bengals with the 69th pick select DE Joesph Ossai from Texas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I may be alone, but I like what the Bengals have done so far. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, CincySportsFan said:

I may be alone, but I like what the Bengals have done so far. 

I’m feeling better let’s see if they close strong.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using the site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Policies.