Congratulations to both of them.

Congrats Jager!  Congrats Cam!

Congratulations to both players. 

Let me be the first to ask:  Why does it take 4 months after the championship games to name Mr.Football?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, tcjkbt said:

Let me be the first to ask:  Why does it take 4 months after the championship games to name Mr.Football?

There were only 12 voters as well.. not sure why it would take 4 months for that. 

• Like 2

This is the main reason the KFCA started their Mr. Football award a few years ago.

Basketball does it right with a banquet ect...AP Mr. Football while an awesome honor for those who win it, has become a joke as far as how it is handled!

• Like 3

21 hours ago, tcjkbt said:

QuarterlyAdventurousGyrfalcon-size_restr

• Haha 4

19 hours ago, DearToday said:

There were only 12 voters as well.. not sure why it would take 4 months for that. 

I'd have to suspect they were begging other eligible AP voters to submit selections.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, tcjkbt said:

And the All BGP Team, Player of the Year, and Coach of the Year were posted from the ivory tower over three months ago. Comparing them to the AP selections, there's about a 3/4 consensus on the 1st/2nd teams combined. The POY and COY picks match up too.

I come from an old school newspaper family, but I say, why wait? We're in the 21st century. Digital media, this site in particular give me everything I need for - breaking news, knowledgeable, passionate fans, and a place to debate the issues. Bonus points for fun. ++

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I'd have to suspect they were begging other eligible AP voters to submit selections.

I sure would hope so!