Walton pitcher Travis Smith - 45k in 3CG shutout

Travis pitches on Monday or Tuesday each week. This man is fun to watch! Pro scouts at every game rotating to get the best spot to clock his speed. The fastest speed I've seen hanging out with the scouts was 93mph with most at 92mph. Crazy breaking ball at 79-80mph. If he is not Mr. Baseball it is because you didn't watch one of his games.

3 hours ago, Red Tiger 17 said:

Why is nobody talking about the pitcher?  3 CG shutout and 45K. Out of his 54 out he recorded, 45K’s!!!  I heard he signed with UK too.

You may or may not have noticed, but no one is talking about anything in baseball this season. But, that's what happens when you lose prep coverage from daily newspapers like the Cincinnati/Kentucky Post. It's sad. Really.

Lots of great storylines the last few years in baseball -- this one being one of the greatest ones. Hate it for these kids that deserve the publicity/notoriety. I mean, I get it, times have changed....the younger demographic isn't reading newspapers, most people outside of baseball parents/hardcores don't really care or would pay for baseball info/coverage...but even though I get it, I still don't like it.

Miss the days of guys like Terry Boehmker, Tom Gamble, Richard Skinner, Neil Schmidt, Ryan Ernst covering ALL of the NKY prep sports, including baseball. The warriors still hanging around do the best they can, but with much less resources and help.

One beacon of light in this darkness surrounding NKY prep coverage is Fox19's Joe Danneman and Jeremy Rauch. They get it. Fox19 management gets it. Thankful for those guys. 

Rant over. Most importantly, congrats to Walker Smallwood on his comeback and Travis Smith on his dominance. Definitely two of the top stories in NKY baseball this year that people need to be aware of. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Red Tiger 17 said:

Why is nobody talking about the pitcher?  3 CG shutout and 45K. Out of his 54 out he recorded, 45K’s!!!  I heard he signed with UK too.

Everyone was waiting for you or someone to bring it to our attention. Good job starting the thread. I never heard of Travis Smith till this thread. I have no clue who Walker Smallwood is (mentioned in the post above). Like @BrosefStalin posted above, media coverage is minimal. BGP is a great place to share these stories and get these players the attention they have earned.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Below is the link of Travis Smith's outing last summer at the PG National Showcase against the top players in the nation.  He pitched 2 innings with 4 strikeouts and no hits.   3 of the kids are ranked in the top 50 in the nation and the other 3 are ranked top 150 (All D1 recruits).  He also had really good outings at  at the East Coast Pro and Area Code games (all pro scout invites).  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
1 minute ago, Hi-Cheese said:

Below is the link of Travis Smith's outing last summer at the PG National Showcase against the top players in the nation.  He pitched 2 innings with 4 strikeouts and no hits.   3 of the kids are ranked in the top 50 in the nation and the other 3 are ranked top 150 (All D1 recruits).  He also had really good outings at  at the East Coast Pro and Area Code games (all pro scout invites).  

Welcome to BGP @Hi-Cheese, great first post!