Highlands 66 Ashland 50 (Sweet 16 ® Semifinal)

• theguru changed the title to Highlands 66 Ashland 50 (Sweet 16® Semifinal)

I graduated from Ashland  however I was born in Cincinnati that’s where I got  my drive in athletics during High school cause during the summers when I spent time with my grandfather  I ran a lot of my summer races in the Cincinnati area when I ran XC and track in the Ashland area I would dominate Northern Ky Cincinnati area sports is the most competitive kids on the planet usually there is a State champ in something from that area from both sides of the river Congratulations Birds and cats.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lyons021 said:

I graduated from Ashland  however I was born in Cincinnati that’s where I got  my drive in athletics during High school cause during the summers when I spent time with my grandfather  I ran a lot of my summer races in the Cincinnati area when I ran XC and track in the Ashland area I would dominate Northern Ky Cincinnati area sports is the most competitive kids on the planet usually there is a State champ in something from that area from both sides of the river Congratulations Birds and cats.

That's because there is about double or triple population in the Cinci metro area than the Huntington/Wv tristate area. If things were flipped you would have more state Champions from  the Ashland area.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, lyons021 said:

Nope it's based on hard work and dedication don't matter if your from Flatwoods to NYC its all about heart...

So you're telling me that you don't stand  more of a chance of having  a very good player or players in any sport when you have double and triple the population?  It looks like me and you are going to have to agree to disagree if thats the case.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, lyons021 said:

Nope it's based on hard work and dedication don't matter if your from Flatwoods to NYC its all about heart...

Track and cross country are classified. Basketball is not.

1 hour ago, GOREDDEVILS said:

So you're telling me that you don't stand  more of a chance of having  a very good player or players in any sport when you have double and triple the population?  It looks like me and you are going to have to agree to disagree if thats the case.

I’ll have to agree with you. I don’t care how much hard work and dedication you put into getting better and winning, population numbers do matter. 

• Like 3