Colonels_Wear_Blue

Mark Peach named head football coach at Danville.

Coach Peach is a solid coach who accomplished very good things at his time at Anderson County.

By and large I would say of the candidates available this is a fine to very good hire.

With that said.... nothing about Peach's resume is more impressive than what they already had in the Coach they choose to let go.

For that reason... I am giving this hire a D-

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

What does Coach Peach have to work with coming up at Danville? Is there some talent in the pipeline? I have heard that some players have chosen to take their talents to Boyle and elsewhere. Is that still happening? 

1 hour ago, Kenny Powers said:

What does Coach Peach have to work with coming up at Danville? Is there some talent in the pipeline? I have heard that some players have chosen to take their talents to Boyle and elsewhere. Is that still happening? 

That's still the word on the street.  I'm thinking next year could be really rough, especially if there are not a lot of players that come out.  Clevenger dealt with a bit of that his first year but was able to get players to recommit/buy in by his second year.  Peach faces a bigger issue than that because of the circumstances surrounding the coaching vacancy.  Couple this with Somerset and LCA still doing well and Peach has a monumental task in front of him IMO.  But, as they say, winning cures all.....

• Like 1

Coach Peach must really hated being at Trigg County to want the Danville Job. I don't think he will get the support because all the community is still upset over Coach Clevenger. 

• Thanks 1

He definitely is walking into a firestorm. I heard that Clevenger is still going to be working in the same building as he is a tenured teacher and they could not get rid of him. They thought he would take another teaching coaching position and leave? He fooled them!

• Like 1

Most Danville folks I have talked to are not happy with the hire.  I think Mark Peach is a good coach but I agree the situation he is walking into is a mess.  I tend to agree with @ATLCat, he is not better than the coach they just fired so what's the point.  There was one Danville alum whose hiring may have smoothed things over better than they are but I heard he didn't get an interview.  Just a big mess across town right now. 

• Like 2

Josh Jaggers and Ross Brown was Danville's top choices and they both turned them down. I'm hearing Coach Peach was the only option left.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Statsdontlie said:

Josh Jaggers and Ross Brown was Danville's top choices and they both turned them down. I'm hearing Coach Peach was the only option left.  

Embarrassing.  Never thought I'd see the day where Danville's football team would be put in the position where multiple candidates would turn down the head coaching gig.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, BEChargers said:

Most Danville folks I have talked to are not happy with the hire.  I think Mark Peach is a good coach but I agree the situation he is walking into is a mess.  I tend to agree with @ATLCat, he is not better than the coach they just fired so what's the point.  There was one Danville alum whose hiring may have smoothed things over better than they are but I heard he didn't get an interview.  Just a big mess across town right now. 

How many coaches in general are better than the one they just fired? It’s like with HHS where the better coaches in general it would be a lateral or step down all things considered. 

Peach is a good coach. If Danville is looking for someone to come in and take them back to state title contention right now well I think administration in general messed that up. How that whole thing was handled has thrown up all kinds of red flags. 

I can't tell if you're agreeing with me or against me.  But I also said Peach is a good coach. 

• Like 1

Good luck to coach Peach. I do not think he ever intended to be in Western Kentucky long term. 

Good luck to Coach Peach!   I'm not from Anderson County, but I watched his teams closely every year for most of his tenure at Anderson County.  I can personally attest that the man can coach!  

Anybody in Danville upset over this hire is going to be upset over any hire.    They're getting a gem and should be celebrating.

As to whether he is "better" than the last coach - who I don't know much about - what does that even matter?   There are lots of reasons why coaches need to / have to move on.   Coach Peach stands on his own merits - he doesn't need to be compared to the last guy out the day.    TRUST ME, this guy can coach.   

Danville is such a tremendous tradition - lots of knowledgeable folks in that town.   They just need to be patient and let him build.

17 hours ago, ColonelMike said:

Danville is such a tremendous tradition - lots of knowledgeable folks in that town.   They just need to be patient and let him build.

I personally think that is why so many people in Danville are mad about the Clevenger fire and the direction of not only football, but all athletics at DHS.  There is no support from admin to let them be build anything.  I don't care how good of a coach you are, if  you don't have administration support from top to bottom, you will never have a good program.  And that is just no longer there at Danville.  

• Sad 1