Sign in to follow this  
Randy Parker

Ballard 61 Bowling Green 53 (Sweet 16® Quarterfinals)

Bruins hit FT's down the stretch.

Good game, but Bowling Green just couldn't make enough shots.  4/21 from three from a team that shoots almost 40% from the perimeter is probably going to doom you.  Uncharacteristically poor from the foul line as well (9/15).  Isaiah Mason's great high school career ends with 17 points, and he played all 32 minutes. 

I've heard rumors of a few of these guys coming back, so the story may not be over for all these senior Purples, but Mason and Dingle will definitely end their career.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, DragonFire said:

I've heard rumors of a few of these guys coming back, so the story may not be over for all these senior Purples, but Mason and Dingle will definitely end their career.

I'm not sure I follow?  This sounds like a comment about a college team, with the NCAA granting an extra year of eligibility there's a lot of talk about whether so and so might come back and play another year.  For high school players, seems like either they are seniors (in which case they won't be back) or they are not seniors (in which case they will be)......?

3 minutes ago, Mojocat said:

I'm not sure I follow?  This sounds like a comment about a college team, with the NCAA granting an extra year of eligibility there's a lot of talk about whether so and so might come back and play another year.  For high school players, seems like either they are seniors (in which case they won't be back) or they are not seniors (in which case they will be)......?

https://bluegrasspreps.com/forums/topic/225760-5th-year-seniors/

• Thanks 1

KSR curse they all picked Bowling Green today and most picked them to win it all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tomcats1990 said:

KSR curse they all picked Bowling Green today and most picked them to win it all.

Bowling Green is really good, but I'm stunned to hear they all picked them.  I could see a guy or two picking the upset, but reversing a 16 point loss - at home - in the span of just over a month is a big ask.  And when they would have had to go through Elizabethtown (a team that beat them by 28) after that just to make the title game? Another big ask. 

Had Bowling Green made the title game, even running through the gauntlet, then I'd have picked them to win it all.  But I just couldn't have made that choice before hand, and that's why I didn't in the contest.

Sign in to follow this