Ashland vs. Boyle County Predictions/Updates (Sweet 16® Quarterfinals)

KHSAA Sweet Sixteen  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who advances to the semifinals?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/02/2021 at 09:00 PM

Two of last year's state football champions have carried their winning ways over to the hardwood. Ashland (21-4) controlled Knox Central with stifling half court defense to secure an eighteen point first round win. Boyle County (22-4) turned in a commanding second half performance to overcome an eleven point deficit for its first round victory over Paintsville. 

Players to watch:

Ashland - PG Colin Porter (18 ppg/43 made threes), SG Cole Villers (22 ppg/74 made threes), SG Ethan Sellars (13 ppg/47 made threes)

Boyle County - SG Luke Imfeld (18 ppg/62 made threes), F Luke Sheperson (25 points against Paintsville/shoots 63% from the field), G Jagger Gillis (10 ppg/state championship QB)

Game time is set for 5pm on Friday, April 2nd.

543vnz.thumb.jpg.48904b9c993a8ba54feb09183c3914b8.jpg

I believe Boyle matches up well with Ashland.  They will have to rely more on their M2M tonight, and not so much 1-2-2 press.  But, in the halfcourt I think they match up well defensively.  Marcum for Ashland may minimize the rebounding aspect for Boyle though.  I would expect Imfeld to shoot the ball better tonight having a game to adjust to Rupp depth perception.

• mcpapa locked this topic