Muhlenberg County vs. Highlands (Sweet 16® Round 1) Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

Who: 3rd Region - Muhlenberg County Mustangs (19-1) vs. 9th Region - Highlands Bluebirds (26-4)

What: Round 1 of the 2021 Sweet 16

Where: Rupp Arena

When: Thursday, April 1 at 11:00 a.m. 

The Massey Ratings

7. Highlands Bluebirds

25. Muhlenburg Mustangs 

The Bluebirds come into this game with a 17 game winning streak.

The Mustangs pretty much likewise come into this game with a 16 game winning streak. 

What are your thoughts on this game?

Who wins?

Why?

• Thanks 1

I have little knowledge of Muhlenburg, but I would say the larger floor has to favor the Birds, their shooters, and driving lanes for Mr. Vinson.  If the Birds are hitting, and I know the shooting background can take awhile to get used to, they will be tough to beat.

Give me the Birds by 11.  I don’t know why, seems like a good number.

• Like 1

• theguru changed the title to Muhlenburg County vs. Highlands (Sweet 16® Round 1) Predictions/Updates
  • theguru changed the title to Muhlenberg County vs. Highlands (Sweet 16® Round 1) Predictions/Updates

Very smart move by FTIS (pending School Board approval) the district is planning on cancelling school on Thursday (Spring Break was going to start Fri anyway).

Looks like a FLOCK of Bluebirds will be flying South to Lexington on Thursday.

I applaud the District (if this passes which I can't imagine it won't) to make this no brainer decision.

A 20 year DROUGHT came to an end.....let's enjoy this!!!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

If Highlands scores in the 50’s they lose for sure.  I know little to nothing about Muhlenberg County, but can say that Sam Vinson will use the bigger court to his advantage.

I've seen Vinson play. He is a really good player. Muhlenberg will have to find a way to limit him to about 20. Can they, I don't know. That's why they play the game. I wish both teams a good game and an injury free game.