The Scribe

Open Job: Christian County

10 hours ago, Beavis and ButtHead55 said:

Change his tune? lol he's love football and is passionate about it. What's to change? He supports all sports in general. It would be a homerun hire for not only the colonels but anybody.  I'm glad you're not interested because the important folks are. Hang in there buddy you'll be on his bandwagon soon. 

Not arguing that he loves football, just wanted to be sure that the best program currently at CCHS, that has worked hand in hand with the previous football coach, will continue to get that kind of support if he is hired. Having spoken with him I feel he will continue to support football players wrestling in the winter. That being said I would only/could only support a hire that supports football players wrestling in the winter as it is a win/win for both programs. jm2c

The top 3 guys in the mix are:

Tony McCombs

Josh Jaggers

Coby Lewis..

I still think Darrell Keith is a player in this race. Sneaking suspicion. I think in the end he will be the hire.

I hear Keith was contacted but said he was not interested. He has a good team coming back next season and he is trying to showcase his son. With CCHS having a down year this might be hard for him to shine at CCHS. He is a good coach and would be a good hire if he would come back but at this time I feel he will stay in Knoxville.

On 3/23/2021 at 9:22 AM, Beavis and ButtHead55 said:

Change his tune? lol He loves football and is passionate about it. What's to change? He supports all sports in general. It would be a homerun hire for not only the Colonels but anybody.  I'm glad you're not interested because the important folks are. Hang in there buddy you'll be on his bandwagon soon. 

Man you sure are laying it on pretty think for him! He must have promised you a job if he gets it!!

5. No comments, whatsoever, about any member's true identity in any public forum on BGP. This includes any question, hint (whether true or not), attempt to divulge, or attempt to determine a user's identity posted in any BGP forum.

13. Within reason, you must use correct spelling, capitalization, punctuation, and grammar when posting on the forums.

Two of the best candidates would be :

Derrell Keith. Former asst coach at County who rebuilt Todd Co & is now a head coach in Tennessee plus he has a Division 1 QB son! 

Adam Dowland former asst coach at Hoptown who is also now a head coach in Tennessee !  He’s also the best strength coach I’ve ever seen!! 

A Darkhorse candidate on current staff is John Adams also a former head coach in Ky.

Any of these would be home run hires!!!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, CoachHB said:

Two of the best candidates would be :

Derrell Keith. Former asst coach at County who rebuilt Todd Co & is now a head coach in Tennessee plus he has a Division 1 QB son! 

Adam Dowland former asst coach at Hoptown who is also now a head coach in Tennessee !  He’s also the best strength coach I’ve ever seen!! 

A Darkhorse candidate on current staff is John Adams also a former head coach in Ky.

Any of these would be home run hires!!!

What kind of success has Coach Keith had in Tennessee? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, theguru said:

What kind of success has Coach Keith had in Tennessee? 

None. Went 1-7 last year according to Max preps.. Super tough district though. 

• Thanks 1

I heard today through a coach that they reached out to former Crittenden Co and UK Coach Steve Pardue. Would be a great hire if they could get him to take the job. I think he is retired and lives in the Atlanta area and has always wanted to return home to coach.

21 minutes ago, The Flea Market said:

I heard today through a coach that they reached out to former Crittenden Co and UK Coach Steve Pardue. Would be a great hire if they could get him to take the job. I think he is retired and lives in the Atlanta area and has always wanted to return home to coach.

Zero percent chance that happens. This is not that kind of job. The next coach will struggle in year 1 big time. I don’t care if they hire Nick Saban. Pardue or any other quality head coach isn’t signing up for that. 

I am not saying he will take it but they reached out to him as he is a hometown guy and wants to come back home. I also hear he is not the only one they reached out to.

I have heard from a teacher in that school that John Adams has been given the INTERUM COACH title.  Could this be his chance to prove he can or can not do the job? Or is it just to start the off season? 

• Thanks 1

From what I am hearing he did not apply. Looks like it is down to two assistants at Hopkinsville and Smith from Paducah!