Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While none of it should surprise me considering where we are as a society, I cannot believe the amount of negativity, nastiness, and childishness being aimed at an 18 year old HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT who

Hergott's decision is strictly an athletic decision and not right in many ways. Why should the tax payers of Ft. Mitchell have their tax dollars go to him and any of the others mentioned who are stric

Sounds like Beechwood should open the season as the number one team in 2A. 

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Only 4 home games.

Cov Cath did that in the 2018 regular season, and I think the pre-COVID version of their 2020 regular season schedule may have been the same way. I was told it had something to do with home anticipating a home game in the first round of playoffs for one year and then an away game the next...and thereby "trying to even out home game gates year to year" or some such thing, but admittedly I didn't fully understand the logic in it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Scheduling quality games for a good program is not easy, and the RPI has made it more difficult. For good big schools to schedule a school like Beechwood, who they could potentially lose to, the risk reward is not very good. If they beat Beechwood, they don’t get that many points because they are a 2A school, and on the flip side, Beechwood has to be careful not to completely load the schedule with potential losses. Finding partners that make sense, that are willing to dance, is getting harder and harder, so finding a balance in home/road games becomes harder. Your hope is you get at least 3 if not 4 home playoff games to offset the gate revenue lost during the regular season.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, gbballfan21 said:

Scheduling quality games for a good program is not easy, and the RPI has made it more difficult. For good big schools to schedule a school like Beechwood, who they could potentially lose to, the risk reward is not very good. If they beat Beechwood, they don’t get that many points because they are a 2A school, and on the flip side, Beechwood has to be careful not to completely load the schedule with potential losses. Finding partners that make sense, that are willing to dance, is getting harder and harder, so finding a balance in home/road games becomes harder. Your hope is you get at least 3 if not 4 home playoff games to offset the gate revenue lost during the regular season.

Agree on all counts.

Hopefully the KHSAA will look at the RPI for next year, it some respects it is the tail wagging the dog. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

From their 2020 team, Beechwood returns:

Quarterback
Cameron Hergott: 161 for 220 passing for 2,467 yards and 26 TDs. 6 Ints.

Rushing
#1 Cameron Hergott: 1,078 yards and 15 TDs on 140 carries.
#2 Avery Courtney: 384 yards and 5 TDs on 58 carries.
#3 Landon Aylor: 157 yards and 1 TD on 26 carries.
#4 GRADUATED
#5 Nazario Pangallo: 46 yards and 1 TD on 10 carries.

Receiving
#1 Mitchell Berger: 601 yards and 5 TDs on 41 receptions.
#2 Brady Moore: 537 yards and 5 TDs on 32 receptions.
#3 Parker Mason: 468 yards and 4 TDs on 34 receptions.
#4 GRADUATED
#5 Liam McCormack: 287 yards and 5 TDs on 15 receptions.
#6 Avery Courtney: 112 yards and 0 TDs on 8 receptions.
#7 Michael Hatfield: 48 yards and 1 TDs on 2 receptions.

Offensive Line (Graduated 3 starting O-linemen)
Xavier Campbell (Jr, OL) - Played in 12 games.
Adam Gibbs (Sr, OL) - Missed 2020 due to injury. Played in 14 games in 2019.
Michael Hatfield (Sr, TE) - Played in 11 games.
Tanner Jackson (Sr, TE) - Played in 6 games.
Bryce Shepherd (Sr, OL) - Played in 11 games.
Luke Slusher (Sr, OL) - Played in 12 games.
Colby Vanderpool (Sr, OL) - Played in 12 games.
Austin Waddell (Jr, OL) - Played in 12 games.

Defensive Backfield (Graduated 2 starting D-backs)
Keaton Durrett (Sr) - Played in 12 games.
Parker Mason (Sr) - Played in 12 games.
Liam McCormack (Sr) - Played in 12 games.
Brady Moore (Sr) - Played in 12 games.
Nazario Pangallo (Jr) - Played in 12 games.

Linebackers (Graduated 1 starting LB)
Mitchell Berger (Jr) - Played in 12 games. Also played in 8 games as a freshman.
Avery Courtney (Jr) - Played in 12 games.
Michael Hatfield (Sr) - Played in 12 games.
Bomani Hughes (Jr) - Played in 12 games. Also played in 8 games as a freshman.
Austin Waddell (Jr) - Played in 12 games.

Defensive Line (Graduated 2 starting O-linemen)
Xavier Campbell (Jr, OL) - Played in 12 games.
Adam Gibbs (Sr, OL) - Missed 2020 due to injury. Played in 14 games in 2019.
Tanner Jackson (Sr, TE) - Played in 6 games.
Bryce Shepherd (Sr, OL) - Played in 11 games.
Luke Slusher (Sr, OL) - Played in 12 games.
Colby Vanderpool (Sr, OL) - Played in 12 games.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

From their 2020 team, Beechwood returns:

Quarterback
Cameron Hergott: 161 for 220 passing for 2,467 yards and 26 TDs. 6 Ints.

Rushing
#1 Cameron Hergott: 1,078 yards and 15 TDs on 140 carries.
#2 Avery Courtney: 384 yards and 5 TDs on 58 carries.
#3 Landon Aylor: 157 yards and 1 TD on 26 carries.
#4 GRADUATED
#5 Nazario Pangallo: 46 yards and 1 TD on 10 carries.

Receiving
#1 Mitchell Berger: 601 yards and 5 TDs on 41 receptions.
#2 Brady Moore: 537 yards and 5 TDs on 32 receptions.
#3 Parker Mason: 468 yards and 4 TDs on 34 receptions.
#4 GRADUATED
#5 Liam McCormack: 287 yards and 5 TDs on 15 receptions.
#6 Avery Courtney: 112 yards and 0 TDs on 8 receptions.
#7 Michael Hatfield: 48 yards and 1 TDs on 2 receptions.

Offensive Line (Graduated 3 starting O-linemen)
Xavier Campbell (Jr, OL) - Played in 12 games.
Adam Gibbs (Sr, OL) - Missed 2020 due to injury. Played in 14 games in 2019.
Michael Hatfield (Sr, TE) - Played in 11 games.
Tanner Jackson (Sr, TE) - Played in 6 games.
Bryce Shepherd (Sr, OL) - Played in 11 games.
Luke Slusher (Sr, OL) - Played in 12 games.
Colby Vanderpool (Sr, OL) - Played in 12 games.
Austin Waddell (Jr, OL) - Played in 12 games.

Defensive Backfield (Graduated 2 starting D-backs)
Keaton Durrett (Sr) - Played in 12 games.
Parker Mason (Sr) - Played in 12 games.
Liam McCormack (Sr) - Played in 12 games.
Brady Moore (Sr) - Played in 12 games.
Nazario Pangallo (Jr) - Played in 12 games.

Linebackers (Graduated 1 starting LB)
Mitchell Berger (Jr) - Played in 12 games. Also played in 8 games as a freshman.
Avery Courtney (Jr) - Played in 12 games.
Michael Hatfield (Sr) - Played in 12 games.
Bomani Hughes (Jr) - Played in 12 games. Also played in 8 games as a freshman.
Austin Waddell (Jr) - Played in 12 games.

Defensive Line (Graduated 2 starting O-linemen)
Xavier Campbell (Jr, OL) - Played in 12 games.
Adam Gibbs (Sr, OL) - Missed 2020 due to injury. Played in 14 games in 2019.
Tanner Jackson (Sr, TE) - Played in 6 games.
Bryce Shepherd (Sr, OL) - Played in 11 games.
Luke Slusher (Sr, OL) - Played in 12 games.
Colby Vanderpool (Sr, OL) - Played in 12 games.

Beechwood is loaded. Gibbs would have started on OL last year if he hadn't tore up his knee in the last scrimmage. The only position they are replacing is CB. Both starters graduated but the players replacing them are very experienced in varsity action.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Voice of Reason said:

Beechwood is loaded. Gibbs would have started on OL last year if he hadn't tore up his knee in the last scrimmage. The only position they are replacing is CB. Both starters graduated but the players replacing them are very experienced in varsity action.

Sounds like Beechwood should open the season as the number one team in 2A. 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/30/2021 at 6:22 PM, theguru said:

Sounds like Beechwood should open the season as the number one team in 2A. 

LCA is also loaded but with what Beechwood returns and being the defending champ, how could they not be number one?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

LCA is also loaded but with what Beechwood returns and being the defending champ, how could they not be number one?

Preach it VoR!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Beechwood and Campbell County scrimmaged this morning.  I was told it was total domination by Beechwood and the Tigers looked really good, the Camels not so much.

Anyone?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, theguru said:

Beechwood and Campbell County scrimmaged this morning.  I was told it was total domination by Beechwood and the Tigers looked really good, the Camels not so much.

Anyone?

That's not surprising to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using the site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Policies.