Danville - 2021 Schedule

2 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Perhaps, but it is the dead period and a new coach. I assume this is the only way over the next couple weeks that he can get info on any players he has not been able to talk with yet.

Not a bad point.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Makes for a good story line though....in 1994, the  Chargers were led by Brandon Egan at QB.  In 2021, the Chargers roll into Danville, led by Travis Egan at QB....Brandon's son.  Hopefully the younge

I think that gives you a sign of what kind of team Danville thinks they will have this season.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, colonel-fan said:

Do kids in Danville have the option of going to Boyle? The schools are 5 minutes apart?

If Boyle allows it. In KY, kids can go to any high school they want - public or private - as long as the school doesn't restrict it.

1 hour ago, colonel-fan said:

Do kids in Danville have the option of going to Boyle? The schools are 5 minutes apart?

16 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

If Boyle allows it. In KY, kids can go to any high school they want - public or private - as long as the school doesn't restrict it.

I believe they do allow out-of-district students at Boyle. I was told at one point that Danville's QB Sage Dawson was transferring to Boyle for next year. Started for the Ads last year as a sophomore. I guess there could always have been a legitimate move though.

• Thanks 1

I think it is natural to assume that numbers are going to be down to some level.  Clevenger faced that same issue when he took over after Sam Harp.  Some players came back after a year, but the first one was rough.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Got that. Should have been more precise in my question. Do Boyle and Danville have an ADA reciprocal agreement?

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Mr.Network said:

The Boyle County game is not on the KHSAA schedule. Is this for sure? 

I think so. Neither schedule shows a game for Labor Day weekend, the now traditional date for Danville/Boyle. It doesn’t look like Danville or Boyle have updated their schedules - both team’s schedules have been because of schools have added their game to the site. 

On 6/30/2021 at 10:21 PM, colonel-fan said:

Got that. Should have been more precise in my question. Do Boyle and Danville have an ADA reciprocal agreement?

Not to my knowledge. Danville has a reputation about being a stickler about letting kids that live in the district attend schools out of the district. Especially if they’re athletes. Dawson was able to transfer seamlessly because he lives in the Boyle County school district. I have not heard of Boyle denying any transfers to other schools. 

• Thanks 1
On 6/30/2021 at 4:27 PM, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I believe they do allow out-of-district students at Boyle. I was told at one point that Danville's QB Sage Dawson was transferring to Boyle for next year. Started for the Ads last year as a sophomore. I guess there could always have been a legitimate move though.

No move from my understanding.  Dawson lives in the Boyle County school district and was going to Danville.  

• Like 1
3 hours ago, gchs_uk9 said:

I think so. Neither schedule shows a game for Labor Day weekend, the now traditional date for Danville/Boyle. It doesn’t look like Danville or Boyle have updated their schedules - both team’s schedules have been because of schools have added their game to the site. 

So do we expect this to get fixed or are we going to see no game this season?  If not, I can only IMAGINE the uproar that would provoke.

5 minutes ago, DanvilleFan said:

So do we expect this to get fixed or are we going to see no game this season?  If not, I can only IMAGINE the uproar that would provoke.

I’m guessing neither team has posted schedules. Not every AD/coach gets on it as quick as others. I’m sure you'll see it soon. 

• Like 1
On 5/7/2021 at 1:35 PM, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

image.png.ea3421068ea7fa1a911cfdd32af65ba6.png

25 minutes ago, DanvilleFan said:

19 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

I’m guessing neither team has posted schedules. Not every AD/coach gets on it as quick as others. I’m sure you'll see it soon. 

In recent years Boyle County has been much more diligent about updating their Hudl account than their schedule on the KHSAA Scoreboard, and on Hudl they show a home game on September 3rd against Danville.

The Danville football alumni twitter account tweeted the Danville schedule back in early May showing an away game at Boyle on September 3rd. The schedule was re-tweeted by the Danville Athletics Dept twitter account.

I'd assume it's business as usual for the game to take place on Labor Day Weekend.

• Like 2

That’s a pretty tough schedule and it will probably be a long season in Danville but I doubt anyone is going to feel sorry for them after the beatings they have put on people so they will just have to lace them up and go at it.

• 2 weeks later...

Is Danville/Johnson Central still happening? The game has been removed from the KHSAA website and Johnson Central is scheduling what appears to be an out-of-state opponent on September 17.

Also, out of curiosity, might Danville be replacing Johnson Central with Corbin? Danville and Corbin have played often throughout the years and had a two-game series a few years back. The Redhounds had their opening game with Rhea County (TN) canceled and now have either August 20 or September 24 open. Danville is also now open on September 24. Just trying to put pieces together.